+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great days racing at Pinjarra Paceway

nat
    Did he also win one in NSW beatin BAF?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Did he also win one in NSW beatin BAF?
    Yes, when BAF gave him a 5 length headstart at the 400 and was 4 or 5 wide. And that wasnt the BAF who won the 4 IDs, that was the BAF who had Smoken Up sit outside him and beat him.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I think Washakie has elevated himself to second in Queensland.I still have trouble calling all these horses,ITMQ,Smoken Up,Mr Feelgood,Washakie etc Australian horses. Washakie had 23 starts in New Zealand,how does that make him Australian. They are N.Z. horses trained in Australia and representing individual states.I also think that Washakie would probably have the measure of most of the open class horses over there including Smoken Up particularly if Smoken Up races in the death.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 03-09-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I have stated before that Blacks A Fake is the best horse ever to race in Aust but his days at the top are over. He is no longer the unbeatable champion and that is why Washakie has to be elevated to second in Queensland. Never said W.A. racing is super strong but hey when an eleven year old and a ten year old finishes 1,2 at Albion Park last Saturday night it doesn't say much for the rest of them.It is absolutely crucial that a high quality race track is established in W.A. When I say you would see some super times its because we have the climatic conditions. I do not think the ID's should be allowed to be held on a 800 metre track(I think it is G.P's turn next year) so that rules them out.

aussiebreno
    Using a beloved WA example didnt Village Kid run his fastest ever mile at age 12?
    The last W.A Inter wasnt so bad...Jofess beat Falcon Strike by a nose and then is was a nose to Sokyola and Mister DG wasnt it? Or maybe it was Double Identity up close.

MightyAtom use this as a reference...Kevin Peitersen, Andrew Strauss were born in South Africa..might have played junior cricket or whatever I dont know...they know play for England. Therefore Washakie is now a QLDer...and the third best ..one defeat when first up after a few problems doesnt constitute a horse dropping down the list imo.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;3929]Using a beloved WA example didnt Village Kid run his fastest ever mile at age 12?

Thats right my name sake was 13 when he beat his own p.b by running 1:55.1 in a time trial..Ran a tick over 1:55 when winnning the ID Grand Final 7 years earlier in Brisbane, a track record that stood for years.

I love watching Gloucester Park racing and the atmosphere there is terrific but agree that running an ID there is a bit unfair - barriers become too crucial. Its ok when you have a champ like the Imthmightyquinn who is superior to the local opposition and can overcome tricky barriers, but when you have 10 superstars running around in a Grand Final drawing the pole shouldn't be so crucial

Jofess was not the horse he was 12-18 mths earlier when he won his ID back in 2004, however because he drew the pole and was able to (just barely) hold the inside running to the first turn he was able to lead and then win. Was a great race though.

+ Reply to Thread