+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 600 to Bettors Delight - 'Absolute rubbish!'

Junior Member Foal Peter McCarthy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

600 to Bettors Delight - 'Absolute rubbish!'

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=84681

I just cannot believe this story on harnesslink tonight that Bettors Delight could breed 600 mares this year and that he has already bred huge numbers in previous years. That is crazy and will make the foals worth nothing at the sales. Why is this allowed and what can be done about this stupid number of mares getting bred to one stallion?

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    they have to find a way to control that - not just for the value of the foals but what about breeding from future generations of fillies

Junior Member Yearling Southern Man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    The market will make the correction just as it did with Christian Cullen. If they already have 400 odd booked, history would say they will serve closer to 800 than 600. Woodlands have been around long enough to know that nothing kills a stallions value quicker than books of mares like this.

Junior Member Foal Backward Step will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Cheap bettors delights at the sale - fantastic!

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    so what do the breeders think of that

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    The latest from inside the Blue Chip Farm camp is they have already got over 600 down under and will breed more!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Thomas

Bettor's had a great year down here in he's first season but so he should he served 540 mare's. He had a 3yr old filly go 1:54.4 yesty at Ashburton and it seems both fillies and colts can run not like some stallions only throwing to the one. From your point of view what do you think about a stallion down here serving possibly 600 mare's or do you think we should be like the U.S and say limit a stallions book to say around 200.

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    What a super first season this sire had. However, commercial breeders will run for the hills if they are accepting books in the order of 4-500

triplev123
    Hmmmm. Never let some baseless emotives stand in the way of the cold, hard facts troops.

After dominating the Australian 2yo Sires list last season with a debut crop of just 117 live foals (Art Major had 113), the fact is that Bettor's Delight has produced just 80 live foals each for the subsequent 2 seasons (while in the same period Art Major has produced 221 and 181).

So tell me then Mango, with Bettor's Delight having a further 160 foals to come on line in the next two seasons and Art Major having 402, which of these two sires is more likely to flood the Australian Yearling Sale market in the coming years?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Triplev123
    How are you going and thanks for your input, just wondering where i said that Bettor's or any stallion is going to flood the Aussie market. What i asked was should studs put a limit on there books like Hanover Shoe Farms and other studs. And the 2nd season at stud Bettor's served 270 and then 449 and them same years Art Major 376 and 374 and last year Grinfromeartoear around 420 in Australasia. And if you read my post you might actually understand that i like Bettor's so it's in no way only mean't for him. And Art Major is to only serve 150 in Australia this year plus returns as a letter i recieved from Alabar stud and i'm not sure how many he will serve in N.Z. so it will be interesting to see if they stick to it. Alot of people i've spoken to reckon it would be a great idea to cap the numbers and i think it will happen in the not to distant future.

+ Reply to Thread