Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Video replay quality OR NOT

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    sorry kto,it dos`nt work...hover over the play icon on the race result page and it just tells you that it`s mp4 video of so many mbts.....i will have to bring in the guy i know,the computer whiz.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Thanks KTQ I got it to work . It's a lot more complicated than the old replays , I think they just don't want us to copy them.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    sorry kto,it dos`nt work...hover over the play icon on the race result page and it just tells you that it`s mp4 video of so many mbts.....i will have to bring in the guy i know,the computer whiz.
    It does work, it's just more complicated. Let me explain it better. The template for the video is: http://media.harness.org.au/stateinitials/RACECODE.mp4
    The states capitals MUST be in lower case and the race code MUST be in uppercase. This is the first time I've ever seen a URL needing to be case specific but I'm no tech whizz - I tried in different forms of case and this is the only form that works.

So, for example the FOURTH race here at Pinjarra http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...PA031114&ms=wa
    would be http://media.harness.org.au/wa/PAB03111409.mp4

THEN when the video starts playing, you right click anywhere in the screen and click save as and save to your computer.

The URL with the state and race code will be AT THE BOTTOM!!! Not the MB thing.

Bet your computer wizz wouldn't be able to work that out

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    The method that KTQ has explained works on Google Chrome but not on IE . It may work on other browsers but you can try that yourselves.
    There is no need to find the URL to get the race code. The race code is on the page already and you should know the state.
    So what I do is using Chrome I go to the results of the meeting I want (eg Ballarat Race 7) I jot down the race code and the state ( vic BAC30101401)
    Then using the template http://media.harness.org.au/ add the state in lowercase then / and then the race code and add .mp4
    So you end up with http://media.harness.org.au/vic/BAC30101401.mp4
    Then just put that address into your browser ( the top line on the screen) ( you will have to clear the address that is already there) then click on the blue highlighted line that opens just below and you will end up at the page with the replay starting to play. Then just right click and select "save video as" and then choose where you want to save it and it will download.
    So until someone comes up with an easier method this will do the job ! Thanks again to KTQ for this tip.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sounds like Katie is a valuable addition to our stable
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    thanks rick,i hav`nt tried it yet,but it`s a hell of a long process compared to the way it was...why they had to change it i don`t know,not all of us are walking around with iphones.....i suppose some young gun walking around the board offices with nothing better to do trying to justify there job.

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    I agree with you Allan. They did have 2 types of videos available for a long time (wmv and mp4) but it would be easier for them to just go with one. To be fair to them mp4 is the more common and popular one at the moment. They are probably trying to improve the quality of the picture and this is just a temporary problem. Lets hope they can get their programmers to ad an option to download the replay .
    If anyone finds an easier way or a program that will do it please let us know . I know you can get programs that record the whole page but they lose some quality and work in real time. Need one that works via the URL like the Youtube downloaders. Thanks.
    Last edited by gutwagon; 11-07-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    You can apparently get browser video converter apps/add ons/extensions that will do it easier than my method. But I haven't tried any so have no recommendations.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There are times when I have thought the video quality has improved but it is so inconsistent and nowadays anything other than HiDef for sport struggles to look anything more than average.
    Tonight at Ballarat they must have had to employ casuals who have never used a camera!
    Not than any of the circuit looks clear, but as they pass the winning post they are SO OUT OF FOCUS it is not funny
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Agree with you Kevin.
    With 2 meetings the resources of Mediatec, the video company, seem like they were obviously stretched. Swan Hill replays look to be ok.....except for the dust !
    Wonder whether HRV or Sky monitor the signal and provide feedback.

+ Reply to Thread