Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Video replay quality OR NOT

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The last link in my post - the Vic Cup, shows some of that Alford footage Paul but the problem is the quality/definition which we are provided with to watch it. The European links do not contain any gimmicks just pure quality, you can read the starters numbers all the way around, see the breath of the horses, the colours are crystal clear and the close ups outstanding.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You will enjoy this Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0bC...layer_embedded

Be sure to use the bottom right corner menu to change the settings quality to 1080 and go full screen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    You will enjoy this Paul

Be sure to use the bottom right corner menu to change the settings quality to 1080 and go full screen
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XttinPmsZks

Here's another one Kev. Our media department has a bit of work to do!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    You will enjoy this Paul

Cool!!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Njcstables View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XttinPmsZks

Here's another one Kev. Our media department has a bit of work to do!
    It is fantastic stuff Nathan

Gallops racing in Australia is even miles behind this

IMAGINE if we took the lead and went to this level FIRST

we just might win a few fans
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How long has 521 Sky Thoroughbred Central (which became the NSW/QLD boutique channel by default when VIC broke away with their won 522 Racing.com) been High Def - turned it on for Sydney's big day of racing and it looks fantastic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    HD coverage started on 522 today Kev

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good timing by me then (I am assuming you mean 521 Kyle)

https://www.punters.com.au/news/Sky-...nships_144321/

"Sky Thoroughbred Central (channel 521) will broadcast in HD after Sky worked with Telstra to create a purpose built network that connects 137 racetracks across Australia to Sky Racing’s headquarters."

I wonder whether any of those tracks are Victorian? NSW seem to have indirectly benefited from VIC breaking away. I know that racing.com/Ch 78 is mpeg4 and fairly good but it is just SD on 522 and looks very plain next to 521 (NSW & QLD) now
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has got me beat how the series of videos that we have been receiving lately from Cody are beautiful HD quality and yet we cannot get that for our race viewing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Me again. This issue has to be kept front and centre as we are in a competition and the quality is s*^%house.
    I have an excellent large TV and starting my viewing of tonight's big program it is really frustrating to see these blurry standard definition images
    No wonder they introduced coloured race numbers as the video quality is so poor that you would be guessing the numbers - learning the number colours or driver colours is the only way to locate the runners without relying on the caller (whom people in clubs and pubs can rarely hear)
    If there is still some lame excuse as to why we are not getting HD then we at least have to have a split screen (like NZ) or better info at the bottom of the screen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread