Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Video replay quality OR NOT

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Just agreeing with you Bandito, the quality of replays both vision and sound extremely poor at times. You would think that someone would have addressed this by now.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    well considering you can watch workouts and trials online in NZ....

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    I'm not sure if this is tongue in cheek or what? Getting back to the quality of replays. Melton replays quality is absolutely atrocious. Not only vision but sound as well. Even compared to country Vic replays, it pales! Wtf is going on? Get it right HRV.
    No smug comment there Leigh,the kiwis do many things better than us, split screen race views for one are soooo much better to watch the race leave alone quality etc.
    The comment I made about sulkies is also my firm and true opinion, the kiwis have also been succesfully offloading low calibre horses at inflated prices to Oz for many decades as well, I know a couple of blokes that have made a handy living from the trade as well.

IMO the kiwis deal with bullshit far more successfully than us Aussies.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Ha ha Dan. I too admire some of the things the kiwi's do. Hell! I even married one! But as far as doing things better over there better than us is a bit over the top. I know a few ordinary horses sold to the US. Does that make the yanks dumber than us? But NZ is a great place to go,and I recomend everyone get over there. Especially the Marlborough Sounds.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Ha ha Dan. I too admire some of the things the kiwi's do. Hell! I even married one! But as far as doing things better over there better than us is a bit over the top. I know a few ordinary horses sold to the US. Does that make the yanks dumber than us? But NZ is a great place to go,and I recomend everyone get over there. Especially the Marlborough Sounds.
    You WHAT. You married a Kiwi. WHY !!!!

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Come on Trevor. You know why. The Kiwi's do things better. Just ask Dan!

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    I race most of my horses in Victoria so I mainly watch the HRV replays online - often on my phone cause I'm always 'on the go' - and I definitely agree the sound is shockingly inconsistent. Sometimes it is fine, but too often it is a burbled joke, I turn the volume up but it's not just the volume level that is the problem it is a jumbled mix of electronic sounds similar to listening to a fax noise.

For an industry association as big as HRV that is simply not good enough.

Who is at fault? I run my own business and if something goes wrong - even a once off - the buck usually stops with me. So from that perspective I'd say it is probably Anderson's failing to have not got this right still.

Regarding NZ I think HRNZ is a great website and offers a lot of usful stuff that the HRA should look in to adopting. I like the way you can log into infohorse and put your horses name in and then click for suitable races and a whole list just flashes up almost instantly. You can see all your horse's immediate and future options and I think that is just fantastic personally. Makes planning a campaign much quicker and easier.

Member Yearling Bandito will become famous soon enough Bandito's Avatar
    Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    Quote Originally Posted by little fish View Post
    I race most of my horses in Victoria so I mainly watch the HRV replays online - often on my phone cause I'm always 'on the go' - and I definitely agree the sound is shockingly inconsistent. Sometimes it is fine, but too often it is a burbled joke, I turn the volume up but it's not just the volume level that is the problem it is a jumbled mix of electronic sounds similar to listening to a fax noise.

For an industry association as big as HRV that is simply not good enough.

Who is at fault? I run my own business and if something goes wrong - even a once off - the buck usually stops with me. So from that perspective I'd say it is probably Anderson's failing to have not got this right still.

Regarding NZ I think HRNZ is a great website and offers a lot of usful stuff that the HRA should look in to adopting. I like the way you can log into infohorse and put your horses name in and then click for suitable races and a whole list just flashes up almost instantly. You can see all your horse's immediate and future options and I think that is just fantastic personally. Makes planning a campaign much quicker and easier.
    Being profoundly deaf I require video quality that allows me to discern race colours which would of course go a long way to balancing out poor sound for others too. I must admit that the coded race summary in the Stewards Comments column of the Results page helps me know what to watch for before viewing the video replay and although NZ does not have that, not only is their video better quality, they do have the names of the first three throughout the running which is handy (especially when you know the final result)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I think that Provideo probably has the rights to sell dvd copies of the races so if the replays on the HRV site were dvd quality or above nobody would ever buy copies from Provideo.
    Lets hope that HRV work out a better deal for us fans and owners when the current deal expires .
    Don't die wondering !

Member Yearling Bandito will become famous soon enough Bandito's Avatar
    Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    We emailed HRV again with the heading Please Reply and got a reply from the receptionist who said she would forward it on to Pro Video. This turned out to be a good thing as we got a reply from ProVid and a reply from a HRV officer (after we suggested she could do more than that). Funny thing is that the ProVid sees our point - problem is to do with uploading races via mobile broadband and how to send a bigger file in a shorter time with good quality pics, they say they are working on it. HRV however replied that they see the quality as 'clear and adequate'. HRV did not know we had received a reply from Pro already (thanks to HRVs receptionist) and at least said they would ask Pro if they have any improvement plans. You would hope that HRV want more than adequate!

+ Reply to Thread