Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Video replay quality OR NOT

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    HRV appear to be to high and mighty not to deal with this problem immediately, I watched a replay from country NSW a few weeks ago and you would swear that the horses were doing quarters in 15 seconds, so the problem is right through OZ harness racing. The split screen is the way to go, NZ and the Yanks have it down pat. It's also great when you can hear the crowd going off in the background. I reckon that HRV should bring Big Dan a bit closer to the action, give him a couple of Beers and Hot Dogs and then we could really hear some great commentary.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    HRV appear to be to high and mighty not to deal with this problem immediately, I watched a replay from country NSW a few weeks ago and you would swear that the horses were doing quarters in 15 seconds, so the problem is right through OZ harness racing. The split screen is the way to go, NZ and the Yanks have it down pat. It's also great when you can hear the crowd going off in the background. I reckon that HRV should bring Big Dan a bit closer to the action, give him a couple of Beers and Hot Dogs and then we could really hear some great commentary.
    What is this 'crowd' you speak of?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Got a point there Brendan, TV has probably killed off the crowds, which is a bit sad. Okay, bring him down on the Big Days or nights.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Maybe they could copy a septic sit-com tactic and have "canned Crowd" sound track running in the background??????

Sorry guys just Danno being a bit weird.

Member Yearling Bandito will become famous soon enough Bandito's Avatar
    Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    At the TAB to watch the Breeders Crown today, I became a fan of SINGAPORE RACING! Please, please HRV have a look at how outstanding video can look. I was in awe of it. I don't mean this in a bad way (as you already have heard how impressed I was) but it was almost as if it was digitally enhanced - it looked that perfect

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandito View Post
    I have always thought the video replay quality you get with the HRV results to be bloody ordinary - it is a very small view screen and if you enlarge it, it only becomes a bigger blur. NSW trots TV has always been sharper. Ventured onto HRNZ and the first race I saw was 480p quality and it was sensational! They mostly seem to be 360p but are still good - using close ups and split screens. How about HRV not only improves their game but aims for industry best and makes the jump to 480p
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=21599

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hallelujah!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    We will probably never know if Banditos original thread and continued agitation of HRV on this topic led to a change in provider of vision or not, but well done John either way. You never really know who is looking at what is posted on this forum, maybe there was SOMEONE taking notice.

Will be interesting to see after October if the vision does improve, or indeed if the problem really did lie in the uploading of the vision as described to you by the current carrier.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Just saw that Pro Video have lost the contract with HRV. It's gone to a Swedish company . So lets see if they get it right http://bit.ly/1861QSm The story is down the bottom of the article .
    Last edited by gutwagon; 09-16-2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: more info
    Don't die wondering !

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Just saw that Pro Video have lost the contract with HRV. It's gone to a Swedish company . So lets see if they get it right http://bit.ly/1861QSm The story is down the bottom of the article .
    Thanks for that Rick. Who do you like in the 5th at Harold Park?

+ Reply to Thread