Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Video replay quality OR NOT

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    It would be good to see Seel N Print or Abettorpunt upset the apple cart, and bring something back..........I remember years ago, when Norm Lang, took Steel Jaw over to NZ..... he broke their jaws!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    At the risk of this making me sound crazy (well crazier than some already think I am). I am serious when I say the gallops look better because they run on grass, well I noticed that little bit of a green fringe developing on the inside of Melton and I think they should develop it as with the colourful billboards around the track, you end up with an overall colourful video package
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    What about letting a few "graffiti artists" get on to the signboards in the back straight!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    It would be good to see Seel N Print or Abettorpunt upset the apple cart, and bring something back..........I remember years ago, when Norm Lang, took Steel Jaw over to NZ..... he broke their jaws!
    Pretty sure I heard that Abettorpunt was heading straight to Sydney......no NZ

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hoof cam is the weak point of their coverage for sure. Love that helicopter/drone? shot of some starts - as far as following what is happening you could not beat it (would probably be a bit off-putting for a whole race though)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Has anyone worked out a way to save these new mp4 video replays of harness.org yet ? The old type were easy to save !
    Don't die wondering !

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    i`m in the same boat as you rick.i have tried every avenue i know to save the replays of the races that i am interested in but to no avail,so if anyone knows how it can be done please inform us......having said that, i am very friendly with a computer geek,who i will ask advice....if he can`t do it ,then it cant be done. a real pain in the ass to have to go back through old results to watch a race replay.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    You could just save the bookmark?
    I can't see a way :/ stupid

Not that it matters, the quality of videos from country WA is horrendous. My bf (who is NOT a horsey person but who is subjected to me sending him videos of all my horses' races) often comments how horrible the quality is compared to the NZ races I send him. He says he can't even tell which horse is which and therefore doesn't watch the races I send sometimes. That's pretty poor, how are new people supposed to get interested in the industry if they can't see anything.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    WORKED IT OUT!!!!!!!!! (well someone else did)
    Hover over their "Play" icon. It'll show you the URL at the bottom of the browser. Each URL ends with a state="aaa"&&raceCode="bbb" . Substitute the lower case "aaa" and "bbb" into: http://media.harness.org.au/aaa/bbb.mp4. From there you can "Save page as..." ( assuming you're using Chrome ) by right clicking anywhere on the page and 'saving as'
    (I was looking for the aaa and bbb and was confused, aaa=state, bbb=racecode in this example)

Example: first "Play" button has a link "state=WA&raceCode=BYC2810140" so the video can be found at http://media.harness.org.au/wa/BYC28101402.mp4

It works for me!!! yay (let me know if this doesn't make sense)

+ Reply to Thread