+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Sires 13/14

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    Another new sire to come down under this season after injury sees him retire
    Betterthancheddar to stand at alabar
    People's opinions on this fella ?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Lisa, click on the USA icon, Betterthancheddar is mentioned in 1 of the Forums. Richard

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] G'day Tony. I'd be very surpised if he served many mares here & by that I mean that if he exceeds 20 for mine he's doing well.
    The reasons why the horse got his arse handed to him during the QLD ID and then got it handed to him again when he went to the US aside....I think it all comes down to the fact that if his connections had instead left Mark Purdon alone and allowed him to manage the horse's career...they'd have ended up with a much better result over the longer term.
    Added to that....for crying out loud...the excuse machine that followed his every step, breath & crap. JESUS WEPT! If anyone set out to get the people to start shouting BULLSHIT! from the grandstands no better road map for achieving that could've possibly been produced.

Grant makes a very good point above.
    Artistic Fella has made an excellent debut here and they give every indication to me that they will go on as 3yos & beyond.
    Racehorse wise, no contest. Artistic Fella was the real deal, a 3-headed Gorilla. Auckland Reactor wouldn't have known which way he went. No contest there.
    One thing though. Although all we have to judge a potential sire on when he heads to stud is of course his racetrack career, in the end they all become Non-Winners again in the Breeding Barn.
    A truly great sire will overcome all, small books of mixed quality mares, a lack of opportunity for their progeny, the lot.
    Consider Christian Cullen & Elsu as examples. Both terrific racehorses. Christian Cullen's initial opportunities were by no means luxurious but he overcame. Elsu's initial opportunities were far better in terms of overall mare quality and numbers but he did little or one nothing. They've either got it or they haven't.
    Not a bad effort at all. Only 162 more than you thought he would get. The leading sire by number of mares bred. So much for having the finger on the pulse.

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Viv I'm pretty sure Artistic Fella is still at Empire... Also, AR failed sensationally at two out of three places he went to. Mr FG failed at one out of three, and hardly as disgustingly as AR did he when he had heat applied. These things stick in Aussies minds. I thought 20 mares at best in Aus and NZ!
    Whoops. Another one to have his finger on the pulse of Australian breeders.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Whoops. Another one to have his finger on the pulse of Australian breeders.
    Good luck to all 180odd of them. Look forward to running past them.....

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Not a bad effort at all. Only 162 more than you thought he would get. The leading sire by number of mares bred. So much for having the finger on the pulse.
    VVV- Apparently there are significantly more masochists in this Country than I thought there were. Between AUS and NZ the horse covered 392 mares at $3,000 a shot less discounts. Jesus wept. The upside of course is that, like Grant, I'm pleased that there'll be some 300 odd 2yos ours from the 2014/15 season foal crop that ours won't have to worry about come their 2016/17 season racetrack debuts.

aussiebreno
    Grant and Jaimie, aren't you worried that with the advent of the Flying K, by 2016/17 there could only be short dog racing distances. If this eventuates then I reckon the Auckland Reactors might just have a fighting chance.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up In all seriousness...

...that the Horse served as many as he did is testimony to the efforts of the crew at Alabar to make it so.
    When it comes to filling a debut sire's initial book/s they'll move Heaven and Earth to get it done. This is underlined once again by Betterthancheddar still serving 200+ between AUS and NZ despite not arriving and getting underway until late October. Btw.. THERE is a Horse that is going to make a splash.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Grant and Jaimie, aren't you worried that with the advent of the Flying K, by 2016/17 there could only be short dog racing distances. If this eventuates then I reckon the Auckland Reactors might just have a fighting chance.
    VVV- Some of your best work there Breno. Got 2 with the one rock.

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    VVV- Some of your best work there Breno. Got 2 with the one rock.
    Notice all you knowledgeable gentlemen don't actually have a clue what you are talking about. In fact Jamie you said in one of your posts that you would be staggered if he served more than twenty. Only out by 162. I wondered if you had any knowledge of the breeding scene in Australia and now I know the answer.

+ Reply to Thread