Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Sires 13/14

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Apologies if I misled anyone by suggesting that siring the winners (and most of the placegetters) of all 13 Gold Series Sires Stakes races is an incredible achievement. Anywhere.
    It is nothing really - happens all the time.
    Viv might be able to tell us about some of the other occasions when it has happened in the past.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    If you were to stand Sportswriter in South Australia you would get the same result from standing him in Canada.
    Complete domination of a weak sires stakes programme.
    If people don't realise how weak Canada has become then yes you are misleading them.
    As I have said several times already, until they compete against the best it is impossible to draw any conclusions about how good the Sportswriters are.

Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    If you were to stand Sportswriter in South Australia you would get the same result from standing him in Canada.
    If Mach Three, Camluck, Shadow Play, Jereme's Jet, Artistic Fella and Badlands Hanover also stood in South Australia, I would bet against Meadow Skipper siring 13 out of 13 sires stakes winners.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    What about him standing with any of the following; Art Major - American Ideal - Bettors Delight - Rocknroll Heaven - Well Said - Somebeachsomewhere - Western Ideal
    to mention just a few.
    In a different league to whats standing in Canada.
    When the Sportswriters can compete with those stallions then he has made it.
    That meeting is going to happen in the not to distant future so all the questions will be answered.
    He could be the real deal but we won't know until the classics are run.
    And Trev if you want to have a look at what a dominant first season sire looks like in a competitive state, check out the 2012 Pennsylvania Sires Stakes program.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Complete domination of a weak sires stakes programme.
    If people don't realise how weak Canada has become then yes you are misleading them.
    As I have said several times already, until they compete against the best it is impossible to draw any conclusions about how good the Sportswriters are.
    I am no genius breeder, but I remember when the first Fake Left crop were dominating the 2YO races in queensland and one of my friends in the game stated how well Fake Left was going, I also remember how I flippantly dismissed the results as nothing much as it was only Queensland..............how wrong I was, Fake Left turned out to be the best sire in Australia, so far in my lifetime, as Globe Derby was gone when I was born in 1958.

I'm not saying Sportswriter is the next Fake Left or Globe Derby, just saying better to let the marbles roll before you make a goose of yourself as I did about Fake Left all those years ago.

cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Hi Dan,
    I'm not saying Sportswriter is the next Fake Left either. I was merely applauding the outstanding result that he has achieved to date in Ontario this year. Not everyone it seems is prepared to acknowledge his absolute domination of the sires stakes as being anything special.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Exactly Trevor,

cheers,
    Dan

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was a Positive post Trev and definitely of interest. Overall our board needs more positive. Not referring to this forum so much but our Aussie board which has a bit of a negative flavour running. Apologies by the way if my Facepalm Horse Names thread seems negative but it is meant to be a bit of fun and to compliment the Brilliant Names thread
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up Rock N Roll Heaven on his way-NYSS @ Yonkers

4 divisions of the $200,200 Clyde Hirt...2 winners incl a quinella plus a 2nd & 3rd in a further div. Filly from Sayo Hanover (winner 1st div.) looks extremely talented.

Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    4 divisions of the $200,200 Clyde Hirt...2 winners incl a quinella plus a 2nd & 3rd in a further div. Filly from Sayo Hanover (winner 1st div.) looks extremely talented.
    Look out Sportswriter. Here comes the charge that Vivienne was talking about :-)

+ Reply to Thread