Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sires 13/14

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Ahhh ok thanks Trevor. Knew something was in just wasn't sure on the specifics. Interesting move.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Being a son of Mach Three, does anyone think Auckland Reactor will attract much patronage in Australia.???
    With champion status via racetrack performance in NZ but IMO very much below par in Australia and USA campaigns will this be against him in the minds of Australian breeders???

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    In his price bracket I'd much prefer Artistic Fella. His numerous failed campaigns stain my mind. I'd also rather breed to the horse that beat him in the interdom in Mr Feelgood. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is not his first attempt at becoming a sire either. No doubt, like his racetrack career, there was excuses there.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I spoke with David James from Empire this morning. He confirmed that unfortunately SBSW wil NOT be returning in the flesh to Aust this season. However, he was happy to report that there will be frozen semen available.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    With the departure of these two it will be a big year for RNR Heaven. I believe he was both a better racehorse and a better individual than his sire in any case.
    [VVV] Testify Brother Trevor. Amen. Could not agree more.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Being a son of Mach Three, does anyone think Auckland Reactor will attract much patronage in Australia.???
    With champion status via racetrack performance in NZ but IMO very much below par in Australia and USA campaigns will this be against him in the minds of Australian breeders???
    [VVV] G'day Tony. I'd be very surpised if he served many mares here & by that I mean that if he exceeds 20 for mine he's doing well.
    The reasons why the horse got his arse handed to him during the QLD ID and then got it handed to him again when he went to the US aside....I think it all comes down to the fact that if his connections had instead left Mark Purdon alone and allowed him to manage the horse's career...they'd have ended up with a much better result over the longer term.
    Added to that....for crying out loud...the excuse machine that followed his every step, breath & crap. JESUS WEPT! If anyone set out to get the people to start shouting BULLSHIT! from the grandstands no better road map for achieving that could've possibly been produced.

Grant makes a very good point above.
    Artistic Fella has made an excellent debut here and they give every indication to me that they will go on as 3yos & beyond.
    Racehorse wise, no contest. Artistic Fella was the real deal, a 3-headed Gorilla. Auckland Reactor wouldn't have known which way he went. No contest there.
    One thing though. Although all we have to judge a potential sire on when he heads to stud is of course his racetrack career, in the end they all become Non-Winners again in the Breeding Barn.
    A truly great sire will overcome all, small books of mixed quality mares, a lack of opportunity for their progeny, the lot.
    Consider Christian Cullen & Elsu as examples. Both terrific racehorses. Christian Cullen's initial opportunities were by no means luxurious but he overcame. Elsu's initial opportunities were far better in terms of overall mare quality and numbers but he did little or one nothing. They've either got it or they haven't.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Anyone seen any MISTER BIG progeny?...any thoughts on BIG JIM?...2 sires that havent had much of a mention around here

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    When AR first went to stud wasn't there a fertility problem with him?

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HISGEN65 View Post
    Anyone seen any MISTER BIG progeny?...any thoughts on BIG JIM?...2 sires that havent had much of a mention around here
    [VVV] Thumbs up for both...I thought a lot of Mister Big's yearlings looked really good on their videos from the US Sales late last year...much better looking than him if the truth be known..and Big Jim was a ball tearing 2yo, IMO. Big, strong, long striding & deceptively fast.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] Thumbs up for both...I thought a lot of Mister Big's yearlings looked really good on their videos from the US Sales late last year...much better looking than him if the truth be known..and Big Jim was a ball tearing 2yo, IMO. Big, strong, long striding & deceptively fast.
    I agree Jaimie..I like them both especially BIG JIM..He's the type of horse I dig

+ Reply to Thread