Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Sires 13/14

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Based in WA 3 weeks out of 4 at the moment and was at GP on Friday night. If you going to promote a sire by their performance in WA you are in a lot of trouble. The 2+3 yr olds that would be competitive in the eastern states that I have seen race here since the start of the year could be counted on one hand. And not one of them was WA bred. Alta Christano, Frith, Macha, Condrieu and John Of Arc are all 3yr olds who would be competitive anywhere. No 2yr old is close to the standard required to race in the age group classics in Sydney or Melbourne. The one horse Artistic Fella has from his first crop that is of the required standard gets beaten after a soft run in front last night. And in a 2:02 mr to boot.And Jamie I will post that photo for you. And I am still waiting for you to put your money up on how many mares AR will serve this year. Your on record as dying of shock if he served more than 20. I reckon 60+ in Aust to go with the 200+ in Nz. So show a bit of ticker and back your judgement. Amount of the bet is up to you.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Based in WA 3 weeks out of 4 at the moment and was at GP on Friday night. If you going to promote a sire by their performance in WA you are in a lot of trouble. The 2+3 yr olds that would be competitive in the eastern states that I have seen race here since the start of the year could be counted on one hand. And not one of them was WA bred. Alta Christano, Frith, Macha, Condrieu and John Of Arc are all 3yr olds who would be competitive anywhere. No 2yr old is close to the standard required to race in the age group classics in Sydney or Melbourne. The one horse Artistic Fella has from his first crop that is of the required standard gets beaten after a soft run in front last night. And in a 2:02 mr to boot.And Jamie I will post that photo for you. And I am still waiting for you to put your money up on how many mares AR will serve this year. Your on record as dying of shock if he served more than 20. I reckon 60+ in Aust to go with the 200+ in Nz. So show a bit of ticker and back your judgement. Amount of the bet is up to you.
    Gday Viv. Refer posts on other topics re Saturday night. The track was a mess Saturday night so the 2:02 mile rate not a guide. Also that horse had a cloud over during week. Look at its other runs for a guide as to how good it is.

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Aware it was slushy Paul, but the following races went in 1:57 and 1:56mrs so it cant have been that bad. A couple of her early races show real class but the two since she came back from a spell haven't been as good. No question she is a quality filly.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Aware it was slushy Paul, but the following races went in 1:57 and 1:56mrs so it cant have been that bad. A couple of her early races show real class but the two since she came back from a spell haven't been as good. No question she is a quality filly.
    Hiya Viv. They both open company races though not 2yo fillies. At least one was over 1700 not 2200. Wasnt trying get in blue with you but we go melton every week and those conditions probably worst ever seen.

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    GiddayPaul, I can see from the video that conditions were off. As I see elsewhere on the site she hasn't been 100% and that run suggested something wasn't right.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question

Viv, as given...some would argue rather erroneously, as you are to potting Artistic Fella, it comes as somewhat of a surprise that you've not yet highlighted the disparity between the good efforts thus far of members of his AUS crop & the rather slow start his 1st crop in the Northern Hemisphere, current season CAN 2yos, have made.
    I thought you'd have been all over that like ravenous seagull swooping upon and ferociously seizing an errantly dropped hot chip. Are you perhaps feeling a little poorly? A recent Flu Shot playing havoc with the old immune system?

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Jamie, way to early to make any judgement about North American 2yr olds as I'm sure your aware. Have a look in early October and that will give better idea of this year's crop. Still waiting for you to man up and accept the challenge to have a wager on the number of mares AR will serve this year in Aust. We both can't be right so put your money where your mouth is.

Real Name
    Viv Strangman

Jamie this is AR a week after being retired from racing. Looks great in that photo but will be so much better again when he has fully let down in 12 months time.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Not on the same page, physically nor on the racetrack.

Need any more be said ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRAB0nkWNAE

...and just for good measure, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1blm8HWgo

Last but not least, courtesy of Jim Gillies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhoX-wwS-Dc
    Last edited by Triple V; 07-09-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Glad you finally put up some of his races up. Was going to but I thought that would be a bit mean. In his ten straight in NJ I did struggle with the names of his opposition on raceday. The odd name I know but most are not exactly household names. When he did face the bigger names that year he lost as many as he won. When he did leave Nj as a 3yr old he lost his way to the winners circle completely. Four years on the track to earn his money and never set foot on a half mile track his whole career. And plenty of sires available that won more money in two seasons than he won in four. I was fortunate to be on course to see him run in the Breeders Crown as a 3yr old (Elim + final) and in my view he was very disappointing. Still if you want to breed to him, you go for it. Its all about judgement. Which brings us around to why you won't back yours with regards to how many mares AR would serve in Aust.I think you said you would be staggered if he covered 20 mares. Thats your judgement of where he sits in the marketplace. But you don't seem prepared to back your judgement. Self doubt is a terrible thing.

+ Reply to Thread