Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack Of Standardbred Magazines

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired

Lack Of Standardbred Magazines

There appears to be a complete demise of any Aust. Standardbred magazines out there. Apart from Harness Weekly there doesn't seem to be any other. Back in the 70's & 80's there were two fantastic mags available - Harness Horse & Trotting Register.The former always featured a Champ in full gloss photo - Paleface Adios,Pure Steel, Rip Van Winkle,Koala King,Gammalite,Bag Limit, Popular Alm and many more on the front cover. Now there's nothing it seems.Perhaps it reflects a diminished interest in Standardbred racing by the public compared to the earlier years. If anyone knows of a magazine, please let me know.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 03-11-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: wrong magazine title

triplev123
    John Peck's magazine, Harness Racing International, is an excellent read. http://www.isubscribe.com.au/title_i...m?prodID=12571

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I get Hoof beats from the states i find it a good read.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Thanks for the info

nat
    try

Track Bred & Harness Racer aswell

+ Reply to Thread