Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi dingos

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Yeah well done Aussie. Bring on the Inters. I am like you Admin, although I didn't get the Quaddie, I picked up a dollar or two from the Aussie horses.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Eljay

You talk about the Aussies buying all your young stock well i think it's only going to happen more on a regular bases now with so much prize money on offer at Menangle.

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Correct mango. The Industry is in trouble here - gallops and dogs as well. We will just become a nursery. Low stakes and low interest from from the government plus the money at all costs attitude from the Racing Board/TAB who appear to be very much Aussie driven are all bringing about the gradual demise.

buster
    you boys in nz will be ok, nsw money will make all your horses worth twice as much...i sure wish i could sell my cast offs for as much and as quickly as you guys can

plus any good ones can just come over here and race full time..i give purdon 1 month and he'll be set up over here

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I have always thought that here in NZ we should be a nursery. It stands to reason that we have lack of money to compete with Austrailia as a whole nor the population. The current powers to be couldn't care less if we have a harness race from Menagle, Forbury or a dog race from any number of tracks.
    I agree buster that our top kiwi trainers have to set up over the ditch. Good, sound business practice. I don't mind at all as from where I live its cheaper flying into Sydney and Melbourne than to Auckland!!
    As long as the best horses get to race each other and the prizemoney is good then I don't care who trains them or where they race. It's a pleasure to watch.

buster
    if you thought NZ was in a bad spot, how sick is qld and vic racing going to be now - every good horse and driver in the east will be sitting out on the flood plain at menangle

Junior Member Yearling kilcoyne will become famous soon enough kilcoyne's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Cahill
    Occupation
    stablehand/
    Horses
    Diamond Supreme(Art Official x Covered S
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I have always thought that here in NZ we should be a nursery. It stands to reason that we have lack of money to compete with Austrailia as a whole nor the population. The current powers to be couldn't care less if we have a harness race from Menagle, Forbury or a dog race from any number of tracks.
    I agree buster that our top kiwi trainers have to set up over the ditch. Good, sound business practice. I don't mind at all as from where I live its cheaper flying into Sydney and Melbourne than to Auckland!!
    As long as the best horses get to race each other and the prizemoney is good then I don't care who trains them or where they race. It's a pleasure to watch.
    Adam Hamilton predicted that I top Kiwi Trainer is about to do just that on In the Gig last night. My prediction is that it will be Mark Purdon with Grant Payne taking over All Star Stables as a feeder stable.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Kilcoyne

Didn't see In The Gig last night, yes i know i should take myself out the back and give myself 12 upper cuts lol. Anyway keep us posted if you hear any more about what was said last night. I think with prize money increases in n.s.w we will see a lot of people set up satelite stables and Don is correct who care's where they race as it will be good to see good horses race week in week out for good money.

triplev123
    G'day fellas,
    Not surprisingly some people have begun to bemoan the level of competition that they're soon to confront and I've no doubt with the kind of $$$ will be on offer it will be tough to win races at Menangle in the near future. However I still think it's great that all these Interstate and NZ based stables are aiming to re-locate to NSW. Inside of 18 months it is set to become the greatest Harness Racing Show on Earth, one that's going to produce some awesome racing by some terrific horses and as a result a significant upswing across most if not all facets of the Industry & to varying degrees on both sides of the Tasman...and that's just fine with me.
    Something that I believe a lot of people are currently overlooking and if not then not giving much air-time to...is the employment/career paths aspect which vastly increased prizemoney & associated activities will undoubtedly produce.
    Trainers, Drivers, Stable Hands, Farriers, Vets, Feed Suppliers, Transporters and the list goes on & on. No doubt it has been done in the past however I'd like to see some sort of an estimate/indication of just how far into the Local and National Industry/Economy the $$$ will spread.
    I'm seeing a kind of similar thing around here where we live. A lot of new houses are being built in the general area and every single Tradesman within 100km is working 7 days a week if they want to. Bricklayers, Tilers, Carpenters, Concreters, Sparkies, Landscapers, Painters, on & on it goes and they've nearly all got Apprentices. They're all taking home pay packets to their respective families and that $$$ is being spent in the local shopping centres & surrounds & in turn those shop owners are making a quid and paying their bills. Things are upbeat because the $$$ is steadily flowing. People can see some certainty. It will be no different once the $$$ starts to flow at Menangle. The benefits will extend far beyond the racetrack..and how good is that?
    Last edited by triplev123; 03-16-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Hit save too quickly, wasn't finished crapping on.

buster
    im pretty sure purdon had already made it clear he wanted to have horses in aus alot (the better ones), which was the point of buying more aussie yearlings but also for the good 3 yr olds being able to race their own age over here rather then racing FFA horses in NZ, which is why major mark stayed here before the derby

and the exchange rate whacks an extra 30% bonus for kiwi owners

+ Reply to Thread