Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi dingos

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Don't overlook Cran

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    It wouldn't suprise me if one set's up over here and more follow. Buster your right with the $$$ so strong it makes it more attractive and they would be silly not to take advantage of it.

triplev123
    They'll have some fun adjusting to the early pressure in our races. There'll be no dawdling out of the gate and sprinting home from the half.

Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    They'll have some fun adjusting to the early pressure in our races. There'll be no dawdling out of the gate and sprinting home from the half.
    I don't think so, the Kiwis have been pillaging your top races for ages now. And the horses they would bring over would be the cream, not the nillers which would still go around for2 to 3 thousand stakes at the country meetings like now. The impact if Kiwi(s) set up in Aussie would be on the leading clubs like Auckland and the Met who would struggle to find enough horses to fill a programme of their present standard.

triplev123
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Stop it...my sides are aching, you're killing me eljay. Coming off the back of the absolute pounding at the hands of the Aussie contingent that you guys received right there in your own backyard in Auckland last weekend, coupled the fact that many others including myself warned well in advance and on this very Forum that it was Sushi's for the taking because there would be NO early pressure applied in the GN Derby...and surprise surprise there duly wasn't...that is REALLY funny. Many thanks.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Make the most of it triple as it happens but once a decade for you guys. As for kiwis going over your way ah.......just read the results.
    You're right eljay the Met and ATC will be ones who will struggle to fill a quality field. As far as down my way there will be no impact at all other than what it already is and that our southern horses will end up in OZ as they should, being that is where the money is. Nothing better than seeing the Southern bred horses performing on a overseas stage.

Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    triplev did you read post no. 2 in the "Elizabeth Heath" thread???

Perhaps you should - many thanks

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I don't care who win's our horses or the kiwi's just as long as the racing is great, it will be interesting if this does happen in the next 12 months as to see if the pools grow ($$$) cause more turnover means more back into the industry.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    triplev did you read post no. 2 in the "Elizabeth Heath" thread???

Perhaps you should - many thanks
    I'm not on about who won that race per se eljay, I'm once again raising the point that notably a couple of your contrymen agreed with as I recall, i.e. that your racing almost always involves virtually zero early pressure...at any time...ever...even in when they're going for the big $ in the GN Derby, something that was not at all difficult to predict days prior to the gate starting to roll & with the very obvious extension to such a line of thought being that if the Kiwi horses & drivers come over here and drive/race like that at Menangle, they'll get themselves crushed.

Incidentally, Posts #27 & #31 in that thread are worth a read too.
    Last edited by triplev123; 03-16-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    It won't take them long to adjust to how the races are run at menangle it will come down to if they handle it straight away.

+ Reply to Thread