Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Kiwi dingos

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Make the most of it triple as it happens but once a decade for you guys. As for kiwis going over your way ah.......just read the results.
    You're right eljay the Met and ATC will be ones who will struggle to fill a quality field. As far as down my way there will be no impact at all other than what it already is and that our southern horses will end up in OZ as they should, being that is where the money is. Nothing better than seeing the Southern bred horses performing on a overseas stage.
    Well yeah there is generally only 2 Inters a decade in NZ so the Aust horses hardly ever go over. Last NZ Inter and Sokyola was our best at that time but didnt handle the wrong way and really he would only be our 5th or 6th best if he was racing now. Granted Elsu was head and shoulders above anything but when he came over for the Miracle Mile it was a different story. 2 years beforehand Baltic Eagle and Mont Denver Gold quinellead it...doesnt say much for you guys. Before that it was Our Sir Vancelot. So two about to be three winners in the last 4 isnt bad.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

I was there the night Elsu won and he was in the zone, i was luckily enough to be in the stables before the race and thats how i got my pic you see under my name. Your right it will be another win for the Aussies as where packing so much punch in this series compared to the Kiwis.

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    there would be NO early pressure applied in the GN Derby...and surprise surprise there duly wasn't...that is REALLY funny. Many thanks.
    mmmm - I seem to recall that Delight Brigade had a look right at the start and Ohoka Texas similarly with two rounds to go after circling 3 wide. In both instances Greg made it clear he was keeping the lead so why the hell would Neal or Butt push on at the risk of burning out their horses. All that could have done would be to burn out the leader too if he in fact didn't hand up and take the trail. I think if those two had continued to pressure Greg would have relented and then when other horse got to the lead, popped out and retaken the lead. But, hey, it's only speculation. But I think you have picked the wrong race to say everbody just sat back. The time the race was run in also suggests Greg would have lost the lead if he had backed off.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hi Aussiebreno,
    I wasn't really talking about the Inter Doms but the rest of your races - derbies, Hunter cup, Vic cup, miracle miles, ladyship etc. Granted the Inters belong to you guys as it should - you have the horse population. We are not really the size of your states.
    I would very surprised if you guys didn't take out the Inter's especially the trotting section as our trotters are a average bunch at the moment.

triplev123
    C'mon now eljay. 'having a look'???? That's not pressure, that's wandering up and politely inquiring. Pressure is Lance Justice style handlebars down and take no prisoners.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Have to kinda sorta agree with you to a point triple!! Lance had a drive on a out of form horse out this way once with a horse that could never do any work and Lance parked him. I think nearly everyone thought well that's that. Lance got it up run 2nd, paying $14.50 for the place. How do I remember? I punted it!!!! I do get annoyed when some of the drivers here waltz out of the gate. Having said that "you gotta have the horsepower"

triplev123
    G'day Don C,

That's true but I wonder if some drivers really do know what their horses are capable of. I get really annoyed when drivers pigeon hole horses...when they get an idea in their head that this horse or that horse HAS to be driven in a certain way ALL the time.
    You'll also hear Punters and Fans talk about certain horses as being one dimensional. In some instances it is true, that is indeed the case, but there are many more instances where the horses race one dimensionally because that is the way they're driven. Sometimes you can really give a horse a HUGE wake up call by changing it up on him/her. Instead of snagging off the gate as per normal you shake them up in the prelim. and then send them down the road off the arm...or instead of looking for a cosy 1x1 or 3 pegs trip, tip them to the outside early on & then go up and park outside of the leader. That has often been the key to so many NZ imports to Oz. Their basic racing pattern has become so ingrained that you need to change it up on them to get their attention again. If they always leave...snag them off and take one closing shot at the leaders. If they've been snagging off the gate over there then drop a good one on them and leave the gate hard. If they've always been driven with cover, pull and get forward to face the breeze. A lot of what is passed off as one dimensional is a mental thing with them (and their driver/s) , it is not in any way physical.
    Last edited by triplev123; 03-17-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Triple

Your right about Lance Justice (Take No Prisioners) pressure he put on the other Drivers/horses, i myself reckon Lance should have a horse in every race to make thing's interesting.

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    C'mon now eljay. 'having a look'???? That's not pressure, that's wandering up and politely inquiring. Pressure is Lance Justice style handlebars down and take no prisoners.
    As I said, the pressure surely was there otherwise why such a time (Record) unless Greg can't judge pace which I don't think even you would buy. Anyway triplev thank god we don't have a Lance Justice handlebars exhibition every race or they would become just as boring. I for sure as hell wouldn't want any horse I owned run into the ground every time it entered a race. The driver would be replaced at an eyelids blink.

buster
    I thought sushi sushi broke the track record? So they were rolling

Kiwis don't come out of the gate hard because they get pressured through the first half whereas we in Aussie don't pressure much during the first half of the mile

+ Reply to Thread