Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Black cavier

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I'm watching Ch 9's world of racing. Black Caviar, Black Caviar - its absolutely embarrassing . Talk about sycophants. One just said if she wins this one we can idolise her even more. Can you believe it ? Triple Honour- 3rd (couldn't get out of his own way during summer carnival in Perth) . Yeah, great line up of sprinters.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 04-09-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Junior Member Foal regal1 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I'm watching Ch 9's world of racing. Black Caviar, Black Caviar - its absolutely embarrassing . Talk about sycophants. One just said if she wins this one we can idolise her even more. Can you believe it ? Triple Honour- 3rd (couldn't get out of his own way during summer carnival in Perth) . Yeah, great line up of sprinters.
    Yes 9 group 1 winners,it hurts when you are wrong doesnt it you cant go back now can you,you will just have stick to your guns and and keep finding something to denigrate her wins!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    No Regal I will be commenting no more, I will now be looking to her overseas ventures. A lot of our group I winners don't stand up to a G1 winner in GB or France. You only have to look at our G1 winners in the Melbourne Cup. When an international G1 winner appears they are generally superior to ours i.e. Americain. Japan learnt very quickly, once they sent their top horses here ( Delta Blues & Pop Rock ) our horses were demoralised. You might perceive me as being wrong - I don't. I would love to see Black Caviar win in Hong Kong or Dubai or Royal Ascot but that's her challenge. She's beaten all our sprinters so there is no point going on about it, time to take the next step.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 04-09-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Junior Member Foal regal1 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    No Regal I will be commenting no more, I will now be looking to her overseas ventures. A lot of our group I winners don't stand up to a G1 winner in GB or France. You only have to look at our G1 winners in the Melbourne Cup. When an international G1 winner appears they are generally superior to ours i.e. Americain. Japan learnt very quickly, once they sent their top horses here ( Delta Blues & Pop Rock ) our horses were demoralised. You might perceive me as being wrong - I don't. I would love to see Black Caviar win in Hong Kong or Dubai or Royal Ascot but that's her challenge. She's beaten all our sprinters so there is no point going on about it, time to take the next step.
    Fair enough Mighty Atom,though you are right about our stayers,well we probably have a few better ones now,our sprinters have always been world class so that is the difference.

buster
    you've hit rock bottom here MA

aussie have the best sprinters int he world fact
    europe/japan have the best stayers in the world

black cavier is a sprinter...so dont try and compare her to what happens in the mebourne cup

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    you've hit rock bottom here MA

aussie have the best sprinters int he world fact
    europe/japan have the best stayers in the world

black cavier is a sprinter...so dont try and compare her to what happens in the mebourne cup
    exactly.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Village Kid View Post
    [SIZE=2]In the last 10 years, if you look at some of the Australian sprinters who have performed exceptionally well on the international stage - Magnus, Choisir, Scenic Blast, even the great TT...none of them were dominant sprinters in the Black Caviar mold at home but more than competitive against the very best on the world circuit. Takeover Target was arguably the worlds leading international sprinter during a 3 Yr period, but during that same time span he won only 5 of his 16 group races at home. Our local sprinters are very very good in comparison to the rest of the world. SIZE]
    I think you hit the nail on the head - we have never sent our very very best sprinters over in recent years - the ones you mentioned always found one better than them at home, yet when they went overseas they were either dominant or performed credibly. I'm sure if Black Caviar went to England she'd make a mess of them. However I think she would be tested in Hong Kong, Japan, Dubai etc.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I watched the race on my way back from n.z and thought she went awsome and she rightly deserves the tag of the best sprinter in the world.

+ Reply to Thread