Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Black cavier

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by regal View Post
    Yes 1 million $ Newmarket, 1million $ TJ Smith, yes we have no prizemoney,we are going badly here aren't we!!!!!! Its a shame Black Caviar has to go to bris for the paltry $400 000 BTC cup, and with the dollar trading at about 1.05 US and 64 pence. A meeting in the uk a week or so ago was giving away about$26000 in prizemoney for a 7 event gallops card!!! Maybe Black Caviar will get a little indigestion afterwards but she will eat any sprinter in the world!
    Hi Regal, I thought this thread was dead so I've taken the opportunity to start myself off again. I must be the only person in Australia that doesn't expound to the Hyperbole and unproven superlatives of the Aust media and racing public. I take nothing away from Black Caviar but the media's claim to be the worlds best sprinter is unfounded.A few figures on a piece of paper saying she is the best in the world proves nothing. I point out that horses such as JJ The Jet Plane, Rocket Man and others go there merry way winning sprint races around the world from Hong Kong to Dubai winning millions in stakemoney while BC races against two bit sprinters that wouldn't get a look in over there. The trainers of these horses ( particularly the Japanese ) have no hesitation in loading up there charges and taking them to where ever they have to. They do not deal in hollow rhetoric. The challenge is now open to the connections of Black Caviar to equal this before I claim her to be the best in the world.

Junior Member Foal regal1 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Hi Regal, I thought this thread was dead so I've taken the opportunity to start myself off again. I must be the only person in Australia that doesn't expound to the Hyperbole and unproven superlatives of the Aust media and racing public. I take nothing away from Black Caviar but the media's claim to be the worlds best sprinter is unfounded.A few figures on a piece of paper saying she is the best in the world proves nothing. I point out that horses such as JJ The Jet Plane, Rocket Man and others go there merry way winning sprint races around the world from Hong Kong to Dubai winning millions in stakemoney while BC races against two bit sprinters that wouldn't get a look in over there. The trainers of these horses ( particularly the Japanese ) have no hesitation in loading up there charges and taking them to where ever they have to. They do not deal in hollow rhetoric. The challenge is now open to the connections of Black Caviar to equal this before I claim her to be the best in the world.
    Hello Mighty Atom, well i dont think it is Hyperbole,i think it is just watching and seeing a sprinter do what she does. She will go to HK,probably Dubai and England late in the year and into 2012,i think a lot of people cant wait.A story this week said that J J The Jetplane and Rocket Man were likely to come to Flemington in the spring for the Patinack.After winning in Dubai Rocket Man's trainer said make it bigger prizemoney and he might consider it,which is a bit silly on his behalf as the Golden Shaheen was worth $800 000.Time will tell,though if the first meeting is at Flemington and it is good/fast track i hope they can break 1min6.5! they will need to! and i think JJ is about 12 from 24 so he has been beaten as many times as he has won,but no doubting he is a class sprinter.I think our so called 2nd and 3 raters would go close in the big sprints in the UK, tomorrow in the T J Smith i think 9 out of the 11 are group 1 winners so thats not a poor field.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Black Cavier? Isn't a Cavier a rodent of some kind...something like a Guinea Pig or a Hamster?
    Why would anyone name a horse after one of them...a childhood pet perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by regal1 View Post
    It is Black Caviar as in the fish egg delicacy.
    VVV humour claims a newbie

aussiebreno
    Black Cavier? Isn't a Cavier a rodent of some kind...something like a Guinea Pig or a Hamster?
    Oh dear lord freaking let it stop already.
    One of those two bit sprinters Ortensia (you know who finished 6lengths to BC when she was eased down) finished just 2 lengths off JJ Jet Plane.....Black Caviar is the best in the world.

Real Name
    Unknown
    NO i am not that thick At least i can spell Caviar And looks like you live in Wagga, i lived there once,the sort of place where you need a real sense of humour to live

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by regal1 View Post
    NO i am not that thick At least i can spell Caviar And looks like you live in Wagga, i lived there once,the sort of place where you need a real sense of humour to live
    clap clap

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    VVV humour claims a newbie
    Moves to centre of stage and takes applause.

triplev123
    Nothing wrong with Wagga. Tony Hilton lives there and he's a great bloke.
    It hasn't done much for Roger Strong's sense of humour though I must admit.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Nothing wrong with Wagga. Tony Hilton lives there and he's a great bloke.
    It hasn't done much for Roger Strong's sense of humour though I must admit.
    No Wagga was alright,but am pretty sure i saw that kid from 'Deliverance' playing the banjo there!

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance

I see your point Mighty Atom and understand but I think the Ortensia form reference is a very valid one. She ran right on the heels of these leading world sprinters in Hong Kong, only a coupe of weeks after being beaten 6.5-7 lengths by Black Caviar at home.

In the last 10 years, if you look at some of the Australian sprinters who have performed exceptionally well on the international stage - Magnus, Choisir, Scenic Blast, even the great TT...none of them were dominant sprinters in the Black Caviar mold at home but more than competitive against the very best on the world circuit. Takeover Target was arguably the worlds leading international sprinter during a 3 Yr period, but during that same time span he won only 5 of his 16 group races at home.

Our local sprinters are very very good in comparison to the rest of the world. And Black Caviar is making a mess of our local sprinters, carrying weight and running time in doing so. On that basis alone you would think she compares favourably with anything, anywhere. The Ortensia HK Sprint result, to finish hard on the heels of the worlds best after being destroyed by the great mare only strengthens that belief.

+ Reply to Thread