I will forever remember those times Western Harness Racing took some members of the Southern California press to the Hambletonian. It was something special watching some of the greatest names in harness racing compete. The DuQuoin State Fair is also a fond memory. I spent some great years in harness racing at Western Harness Racing when it was going strong at Hollywood Park. Then there was my return from upstate New York to Los Alamitos Race Course where I launched the Southern California Harness Racing Association's night time race meet for Jim Dunnigan. Those were special days and I had the chance to see a lot of great trotters and pacers. When I was publicity man at Saratoga Harness I indirectly had a hand in the one time world record set by Nevele Pride. I got a report from the weather bureau that a bad storm was headed our way. I went to the stewards and they made a decision to move the race up. When Nevele Pride was on the backstretch the storm hit. Stanley Dancer got him around the far turn and to the wire in a then world record time of 1:56 4/5. That kind of a clocking is ho-hum these days, but that was a special time for sure. I miss my late friend Stan Bergstein who was, without doubt, the most talented man in my time. I was lucky to rub elbows with the likes of Marvin Shapiro and Pres Genuine at Western Harness Racing. Biff Lowry was the guy who got us to Goshen for the Hambo. And I'll never forget the night the great Shelly Goudreau fell on the first turn at Hollywood Park. He was wearing a borrowed helmet, but it did not save him from the ultimate. My friend announcer Robin Burns was deeply sorrowed by Shelly's death but he sure gave us a lot of thrills in the bike.