+ Reply to Thread

Thread: QLD - QBred Revitalised

Member Yearling HarnessFan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeroen Nieuwenburg
    Horses
    Hokonui Ben Dartmoor Countess Jill

QLD - QBred Revitalised

5000 for first win as 2yo, 5000 for first win 3yo, 3000 for first win as 4yo

Wow, I have never been so enthused to be an owner/breeder. I will now try and put all my mares in foal. Perhaps QLD needs the best incentive scheme in the country to keep the industry running here. The cost of getting a young horse ready for racing is huge. We finally have a scheme where it is worth taking the risk.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    A step in the right direction Jeroen...I normally only breed 1 a year but gave this last season a miss...definately puting 1 in this coming season maybe 2 & will be paying my yearling,rising 2 & 3 yo's up..so they are getting my money for next season where they otherwise wouldnt have.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Great racing up there on Saturday night guys, it really looks like there might be some light at the end of the tunnel with those breeding incentives.

Member Yearling craig will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig fritz
    Richard. It is going to take a lot more then a couple of good races and some breeding incentives to help the industry up here. Look how far backwards our code went, when we had horses of the ilk of Blacks a Fake and Be good Johnnie going around. We are now down to 2 race tracks by xmas time. Have just lost the Toowoomba track, gallops have decided they want to turn it into there light canter track, so all the cushin track they are ripping up is going there. They have a nice track up at Maryborough , but for some reason do not want to use it. The Redcliffe track is not up to scratch and albion park will be overused soon and the facilities are a run down wreck. I have started to cut my numbers and am now down to 12 horses with more to go and less to come. I am not the only one up here with that line of thinking. Usually breed a couple every year,but unless we see some positives, like a new track, or to reopen other tracks, we will be going no where. The board is even looking at the silly idea of racing on gallops tracks. They have mooted the idea of a duel meeting in Toowoomba on cup day. Imagine trying to race a pacer on a gallops track while they conduct a meeting. The surface would be a joke and the risk of breaking down your horse there would be high. The racing here is strong, but the code is been let down by years of labor neglect and bad administrators running our industry. If you can see a light at the end of the tunnel, it is likely to be a runaway train heading straight at you.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Sorry about that Craig, I tend to look more at the positives than the negatives. It's certainly a worry with the track closures and racing on a thoroughbred track would not be an ideal situation. Hopefully a change in Government would solve a lots of problems.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Hi Craig...The sport has declined massively in the last 4 or 5 years basically ever since Rocklea closed & the seemingly lack of industry support for the true
    part-timers & battlers which in essence IS & now WAS the backbone of the sport in QLD in so many ways - breeders,trainers,owners,product suppliers,bookies,punters etc etc
    BUT I have also seen all of people sitting back & whinging & basically not supporting the industry..granted we have alot to whinge about but we also have some good to support..
    At the end of the day I am happy I have somewhere to race..I am taking my 3YO to AP today along with a trialer so I am going to enjoy the day out with my fury friends..to me thats what its all about..& like I eluded to in my previous post I will support the new QBRED scheme

Member Yearling craig will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig fritz
    HI James. could not agree more, about the sport not supporting the battlers. That is why tracks like Rocklea should never have been shut down. I gave more hours of my life then i care to remember helping the Toowoomba trotting club, giving up days of work to volunteer my help like many others did to make the club run, only to see it shut down by a board who only concern was to get there hands on the money that the Toowoomba club had in the bank account. When ant asked me to help and try and get the club up and running again, i was more then willing to help when i could. Now to find out the gallops are taking the track for there own use. Drove past it today to see piles of the cushin track sitting on it. What a waste. As for the marburg track, well if was not for my father and uncle and others like campbell mcphee and gordon francis giving up many hours of there time in the late 70 and early 80, that track would not exsist today. My uncle even passed away there while starting trials one sunday, suffering a hearth attack. So i think i can say our family and myself have given plenty to this code only to see people in positions of so called trust take it away from us. IF you think i am whinging for the sake of it, then you really dont know me. Over the last 10 years i have built my farm up to where i want it to be. I have a 1000 meter training track, horse walker 17 indoor stables with yards. Plenty of which i built on my own. so to come to the decision to back off what i am doing, i dont take lightly. I hope your 3yr old goes good for you, but in all reality, if you cannot break 1.58 then you are wasting your time even turning up, most race days, then add a 3 hour trip to that to get to your nearest race track, that is why tracks like Toowoomba and Rocklea are needed so the lesser horses which i have plenty of, still have the chance to be competitive. A breeding incentive will not turn things around. It will help, but will not save this code.

+ Reply to Thread