Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Menangle Prizemoney Increases

triplev123
    G'day Mango,
    I floated the idea with a couple of Stud people whilst attending the Sydney APG and they were not particularly receptive to the idea. That being said, I think the first Farm to offer across the board Pay On Live Foal hand in hand with discounted service fees for filly foals will run the table, no question whatsoever.

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    You'll be counted amongst those who will be surprised by what will happen next season then Buster.
    The competition is set to heat up big time & I've heard the same rumblings as Mightymo.
    They're not going to come out and say so in the Industry Press right now but basically the continued strength of Oz dollar has given the major farms some unexpected 'room to move' in terms of the current fee structure.
    Further to that I understand at least 2 of them & more than likely 3 are set to use that room to move to full advantage.
    It should be interesting.
    Of course, to greater or to lesser degrees they'll no doubt each attempt to paint such moves as magnanimous, altrustic gestures on behalf of the greater good but the true basis will be, as always, purely economic in nature.
    lets hope so, if the big guys are pushed down then so are the 2nd tier stallions andddd that is good because it puts very good horses like mccardle, courage, falcon seelster in the reach of the average breeder who doesnt have unlimited funds
    the breed will go bang in 5 years

hopefully we'll reach the point in nsw when prizemoney isn't reliant on owners paying up for them

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Couldn't agree more Buster/Triple only time will tell, if one of the major studs do it they will still make there money out of increased services to there stallions just at a cheaper price so it will be a win win situation for everyone.

triplev123
    The crucial point about Service Fees as related to NSW prizemoney is that the $$$ set to become available in NSW will lead all others by open lengths.
    Further to that, the remaining States here in Oz will either remain static or struggle to maintain, with the latter applying to NZ also. If more than just one State here in Oz had stepped up to make significant prizemoney increases there might be a case for fees to remain at their current levels or even, dare I suggest it, increase.
    However, even when you take the excellent new prizemoney levels at Menangle and across NSW in general into consideration, a head to head comparison of the overall $$$ that we can race for in the Southern Hemisphere versus that which our US & CAN counterparts have available to them, combined with respective yearling sale results, still sees us come well up short. Though there are some bargains to be had here and there, relatively speaking, service fees here in Oz & NZ are already too high and when the current Oz dollar to USD exchange is taken into account, it's a no-brainer for mine. In Oz dollar terms at least, service fees appear to have significant room to reduce. It'll be interesting to see who makes the first move.
    Another aspect is that we need to focus upon producing and patronising our own Sires. I've said this a number of times in the past in a couple of different forums...and as much as it pains me to defer to the Thoroughbreds, they have it right on the money in that regard. They are much more given to looking towards the best locally bred & performed sons of the best shuttle sires as their future sires. We should take a leaf from their book.

buster
    sad to see the biggest news in harness racing since the tab was sold only got about 5 lines in the smh today

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Buster

Where lucky that we got 5 lines so we should be happy with that.

triplev123
    I NEVER read The Sydney Morning Fishwrapping. Fairfax upper echelon management has allowed it to degenerate into a Leftist Rag.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Pay on live foal is hard, to put off receiving your income for 12 months would be hard on any business. The stallion owners would also have to wait for their money, which is a hard sell when other stud farms will be offering the norm.
    If the studs are not cashed up or good on credit I say it is impossible.
    Once you get it started it is great for the majority of breeders IMO.

Service fees going down? i hope so, this happens for a number of reasons-
    1. Fee to high affecting bookings
    2. Few bookings etc etc
    3. your go_____

buster
    I NEVER read The Sydney Morning Fishwrapping. Fairfax upper echelon management has allowed it to degenerate into a Leftist Rag.
    you havent read Rush Limbaugh's latest book triple v?

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    ... discounted service fees for filly foals will run the table, no question whatsoever.
    maybe a compromise might be for the stallion owners to offer a discount or even a free return to the stallion if the foal is a filly.

+ Reply to Thread