Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USTA Meetings

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott

USTA Meetings

I am curious, for those that attended or watched the general sessions over the Internet, what did you think of the meetings? Did they do anything to secure the future of harness racing?
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

triplev123
    I believe they resolved to allow the Obituaries Section on the main web page to be sponsored by the New York State Funeral Directors Association.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Allan

We can only hope so, maybe when you find out the full details in the next couple of day's you can let us know how it's looking over there.

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott

I Had A Cow

After the first general session, I went off the deep end and sent this to some people I know in the industry. Shall we say, I had a cow? At the bottom, I will put the link to the blog entry I created.

I listened to the annual meeting and have already created my blog entry. I am sorry, maybe Phil Langley is saying these things to please those in attendance, but everything he said is contrary to what the horseplayers (customers) are saying. Did someone show Phil the HANA survey? HANA complains about oversaturation of racing; the diluting ofpools. HANA’s survey respondents call for a decrease in takeout. HANA’s respondents have problems with integrity. Don’t worry about slot revenue; just keep lobbying and you can save them while you are getting rid of teachers, policemen and everything else? It appears to Phil, everything is beautiful. I can’t wait to see the survey the USTA puts out for fans and what type of questions are asked there. Hopefully, they’ll ask serious questions and not just softballs. Maybe then, he will believe some of the things the customers are talking about.

What a fool I was to worry about Joe Faraldo. While I disagree with Joe’s inflexibility, at least he would admit there arethings wrong with the product. Phil sounds like someone in denial.

Someone keep Phil’s remarks from Jeff Gural. Otherwise, Jeff may pull the plug on a deal for the Meadowlands anyway. (Note: This refers to the comment Jeff made that he said he may pull the plug on the deal if Joe Faraldo won election as Chairman of the Board).

Here is the blog entry I was refering to http://viewfromthegrandstand.blogspo...-of-board.html
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

+ Reply to Thread