Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Heats each Gold Crown & Gold Tiara

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Here's some stats to ponder.

28 sires and 40 broodmare sires are represented in the Gold Tiara Heats.

35 sires and 44 broodmare sires are represented in the Gold Crown Heats.
    And heres another one. About 70 mares are represented in each

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I think Bathurst are one of the clubs who will get funds for a bigger track, it will be interesting to see where it goes.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I think Bathurst are one of the clubs who will get funds for a bigger track, it will be interesting to see where it goes.
    Bathurst and Wagga are at $1.04 and shortening.

triplev123
    I've heard a couple of times over the years that there was quite some interest in the old saleyards site at Bathurst. They don't appear to me to have the room to build a 1000m track on the present site ? Will they build on the same site in Wagga breno or will they move?

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

It's interesting you say Wagga as it's a club thats gone broke 2-3 time's and had to be bailed out, but i do agree they need a new track as the last turn is shocking.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I've heard a couple of times over the years that there was quite some interest in the old saleyards site at Bathurst. They don't appear to me to have the room to build a 1000m track on the present site ? Will they build on the same site in Wagga breno or will they move?
    They will move @ Wagga. Probably out to the university...which cuts off about 10mins for those travelling from Junee/Coolamon/Temora way and hopefully gets the young naives keen for a punt and a beer close to their dorms.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Aussiebreno

It's interesting you say Wagga as it's a club thats gone broke 2-3 time's and had to be bailed out, but i do agree they need a new track as the last turn is shocking.
    Too right mate, called some trials up at Wagga where I noticed it the most (partly because no-body is trying but it still an indication); the first to turn for home you could call the winner!
    I am only younger and cant recall when the club ever had to be bailed out...I think they got new lights in 1990; meaning they must have been travelling well for a 5 or 10 years before that to make that decision. Which means its been over 30years since theyve been bailed out....or did they sweep it under the carpet that much Ive missed something in the last 15 years?

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

I've been told it has been inside the last 15yrs and it was mentioned the leagues club before it went belly up was one that helped out.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Fillies heats

Rce 2 - Charm Alarm
    Rce 3 - Chiquita Bromac/Lettucereason
    Rce 4 - Bronski Firestar (picked that one for Flashing Red)
    Rce 6 - Ima Pleasure
    Rce 8 - The Magic Of Life
    Rce 9 - Dream Runna
    Rce 10 - Awsome Belmer

Just a bit of advice don't follow my tips as i'm on a loosing streak.

nat
    Hi guys

Maybe another good start for a new thread, What are the major harness areas that need new tracks in NSW like SA if you havent or don't live there you would think that everything revolves around Globe Derby and there is very little interest anywhere else in the state but there is. With the new cash flow I could see more racing in prime slots on Sky and taking country/hobby trainers and drivers to the next level of making it a career for this game and bigger and better tracks at several major centres would be a start.

+ Reply to Thread