Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Heats each Gold Crown & Gold Tiara

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Bathurst, Dubbo, Tamworth, Wagga, Young.

buster
    wagga and bathurst only, shut every other track

nat
    Do you think one or more of them should have a 1400m track as Menangle making it a country hub maybe Bathurst?

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Yeah thats a fair call Buster but if you look right into things on average a place like Young has bigger fields pulls horses from Bathurst, Goulburn, Canberra, Wagga, Parkes and so on and has better turn over than Wagga. But it doesn't matter where the 1000m tracks are put someone won't be happy.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat

1400m tracks are good for the horses and if you are watching them on TV but when there trying to get more people to come out and watch the races i think a 1000m track is plenty big enough. I've been to Menangle and didn't enjoy watching the races as much as Melton.

nat
    Hi Buster

You cannot and shouldnt shut tracks down and only have a few, you need good tracks in major areas so the small ones can survive and have circuits in each area, Wagga would be a good hub for the south Bathurst/Dubbo central west and you already have Newcastle as a hub in the north that way a good track and racing is within reach of participants and enthusiasts in each area.

buster
    1400m is too big of a track for the horses that race in the country

those 2 track locations are based purely on that they have alot of meetings there currently

good to see my moral of the meeting sandakan lombo getting rolled at 1.20

buster
    all those smaller centres outside wagga, newcastle, bathurst are just a waste of money and are disgraceful as far as racing surfaces and facilities go

they are having a trotters day at coolamon, i hope they put some rubber down in the stalls or the trotters will be cut to pieces in the rusty iron or they'll put a foot in a rabbit hole

nat
    Hi Mango

I like big tracks but 1000m tracks are excellent for viewing and racing (that to be said I like watching racing at GD and GP because race driving tactics are not dead) it is just your major track is 1400m you have only one a couple 1000m tracks and a host of half mile track wouldn't it be nice to give your horse a race or two on the same size track as the metro track before going to town. In Vic. we have say 90% 1000m track and the other 10% half mile track and its good for the punter and trainer to get a gauge on a horse racing on same size tracks. I hope this makes sense

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I beg the differ Buster you come out and drive a horse on the Wagga track and then go to Young and drive on there track and let me know who has the best race track/surface i'm sure it won't be the 1st.

Hi Nat

1000m would be plenty if a horse can get around that they have know problem with 1400m and i'm a fan of Gloucestar Park but not so much Globe Derby and i suppose that is due to the huge difference in the quallity of stock they race.

+ Reply to Thread