Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 7 Heats each Gold Crown & Gold Tiara

nat
    Hi Buster

These thing need to be addressed in time but once something is gone its hard to get back even the punter, in SA around 10-15 years ago they shut down several small tracks in the north instead of upgrading them leaving only Port Pirie & Whyalla for the whole entire north of the state 2 and 5 hours from Adelaide there was hundreds of horses, loads of trainer and driver and strong enthusiasm for the sport that attended most meetings once they shut the tracks down it nearly killed sport and all of that lost interest owners, breeders,trainers drivers and punters that get handed down to the next generation.

buster
    It doesn't matter who has the best track ATM because they will build a new one - both tracks are too flat and the top turn at young is awful

Both tracks want bulldozing

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Buster

Who said anything about the last turn it was racing surfaces you were talking about.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I have been enjoying following this thread. Interesting in the different types of tracks you guys have over there. While I have been to a few of the ones you have mentioned, I have seen the others on TV. Where I live in the deep south there are 13 tracks within a two to two and a half hour drive. Of those 13 tracks, 5 are 1200m tracks, 4 are 1000 and 4 are mile tracks. Nine of thoses are all weather and 4 are grass tracks. One is multi. Each and everyone has a completley different racing surface and all have real different bends. One has a false home straight where it leads you into the next and last straight.
    What I like about the selection we have is that there is always a track that suits a particular type of horse.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I have been enjoying following this thread. Interesting in the different types of tracks you guys have over there. While I have been to a few of the ones you have mentioned, I have seen the others on TV. Where I live in the deep south there are 13 tracks within a two to two and a half hour drive. Of those 13 tracks, 5 are 1200m tracks, 4 are 1000 and 4 are mile tracks. Nine of thoses are all weather and 4 are grass tracks. One is multi. Each and everyone has a completley different racing surface and all have real different bends. One has a false home straight where it leads you into the next and last straight.
    What I like about the selection we have is that there is always a track that suits a particular type of horse.
    But how many meetings a year at each track?
    I dont mean to be picky but in a 2/2.5hours radius there is about 5 or 6 tracks around Bathurst and about 5 or 6 around Wagga. Bathurst races probably 100 times a year with the surrounding tracks racing probably about 40...Wagga races 40 with Young about 20 and the others racing about 30 all up. It realy isnt viable for clubs to have 5 meetings a year if the sport in NSW is going to go professional after the money coming into the sport thru the HP sale. The only way those tracks can stick around is volunteers; they shouldnt get anything from HRNSW or Menangle Club.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Aussiebreno

On the subject on who races and how many time's just out of curiosity how many Tab meets in the riverina compared to the western districts is there a difference at all.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hey Aussiebreno

On the subject on who races and how many time's just out of curiosity how many Tab meets in the riverina compared to the western districts is there a difference at all.
    Well to be honest I dont the exact figures..Im sure theyd be on the net somewhere.
    In the Riverina I think its Wagga 39 meetings Young 13 meetings split (unless they have changed it which they may have as Young seems to get a lot more than 13 meetings). Then Leeton, Albury, Temora, Junee each have one TAB meeting.
    in the Western Districts I dont really follow; id be able to name more Turnbulls then horses that race there; but I think Bathurst race once a week and then places like Dubbo and Parkes also race once a week; with the split of TAB meetings seeming to be about 50% but really I have no idea.

Someone mentioned the Coolamon trotting meeting...I doubt it; maybe one or two races. An $8K trot at Bathurst got cancelled on Monday because not enough noms. No Sydney horses are going to come and the Victorians will get lost trying to find the place.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando

Thumbs up

In the Western Districts Bathurst havei think about 44 meetings Parkes and Dubbo have about 16 - 17 each Blayney,Cowra,Peak Hill,Eugowra,Orange,Forbes all have 2 meetings each these are what i can remember but i might be wrong
    aussiebreno you say
    (It realy isnt viable for clubs to have 5 meetings a year if the sport in NSW is going to go professional after the money coming into the sport thru the HP sale. The only way those tracks can stick around is volunteers; they shouldnt get anything from HRNSW or Menangle Club.)

Ididn't know the sport was going to go professional and if the small clubs are unable to race a lot of people and horses will be lost to the sport forever. Your part about volunteers is the only way they can stick around and they shouldn't get anything from Menangle or HRNSW what do you mean by this
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 03-18-2011 at 10:05 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    In the Western Districts Bathurst havei think about 44 meetings Parkes and Dubbo have about 16 - 17 each Blayney,Cowra,Peak Hill,Eugowra,Orange,Forbes all have 2 meetings each these are what i can remember but i might be wrong
    aussiebreno you say
    (It realy isnt viable for clubs to have 5 meetings a year if the sport in NSW is going to go professional after the money coming into the sport thru the HP sale. The only way those tracks can stick around is volunteers; they shouldnt get anything from HRNSW or Menangle Club.)

Ididn't know the sport was going to go professional and if the small clubs are unable to race a lot of people and horses will be lost to the sport forever. Your part about volunteers is the only way they can stick around and they shouldn't get anything from Menangle or HRNSW what do you mean by this
    Thanks for the Western Districts racing info!

With the Menangle prizemoney injections and the amount of big time trainers going to Sydney the sport in NSW will turn more professional; it will also turn more professional in the country areas; the effect of having state of the art facilities will see this - just as Victorias professionalism >>> NSW current professionalism.

To run a succesful business; lets say a lawyer firm, you need to make profit. Profit is, simply put, income less expenses. So to make more profit you either increase income or decrease expenses (this Business 101 lecture has a point I promise). If the resident barrister asks you, the boss, for a free paper delivery and coffee each morning you may say yes; as he/she is vital to the business' income. Whereas if the secretary made the same request you might say no; as he/she isnt vital to the business success and keeping him/her happy isnt a priority.

Wagga/Bathurst/Newcastle have substantial populations and industry people central to them. This means when they race they have a bigger horse pool to draw off; which will be exemplified with new tracks and better prizemoney being given to them. (Note: they get these benefits as they have bigger populations for sponsors and can make more profit on their own without help off HRNSW). Those tracks are the barrister.

The secretary is Junee, Lithgow etc .. they have small populations; the industry members that race there can race at more populated areas that are more central to everyone not just a handful.

Its sad news when small tracks are put into recess; leaving some hobby trainers disulussioned but into the future it just isnt viable.

aussiebreno
    Following on from VVVs post about sires representation. Going to have 9sires represented in the 10horse Tiara final. Art Major being duly represented by Dance for Madi and one of the 2nd place runners forget its name. 7 heats 7 winners 7 different sires

+ Reply to Thread