Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 7 Heats each Gold Crown & Gold Tiara

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    hope you are right mango. i bred hes Magic red as well, so will be nice to have 2 finalists. ( i actually bred 5 starters in the heats!)
    better stop selling them then

triplev123
    Emilio's Artiscape colt, Grand Stride, was a very good thing beaten in the Linden Huntley, he scattered them last night and I'd be surprised if anything beats him in the Crown Final.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Winston

Personally it doesn't matter me what age a mare is but the thing you will notice is that very few people are willing to spend good money on service fee's for older mare's and a lot of buyer's steer clear of progeny at sale's that are out of mare's 15yrs or older. And i wouldn't say that a 2min mare would throw a better foal but you would hope that it would throw a horse with the same or if not better ability. There has been a lot of unraced mare's throw great horses, so what it probably come's back to is how strong the family is and what sought of type is it.
    Totally agree wth you mango, I'd much rather a foal from an average performing mare with a good genetic heritage than from a mare that has had a long racing career. There's been very few mares(and that includes the champions) with extended racing careers that have been hugely successful broodmares.

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Totally agree wth you mango, I'd much rather a foal from an average performing mare with a good genetic heritage than from a mare that has had a long racing career. There's been very few mares(and that includes the champions) with extended racing careers that have been hugely successful broodmares.
    blossom lady, tailmade lombo???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    blossom lady, tailmade lombo???
    Yes, thank you buster......very few (and I am talking thoroughbreds as well)

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Yes, thank you buster......very few (and I am talking thoroughbreds as well)
    utter crap

firstly where do you draw the line for 'over raced' horses?
    second, how many champion or outstanding mares are there compared to average mares related to something good out there? very very few
    and the best 2 mares i know of -blossom lady and tailamade lombo are both outstanding broodmares

its simply a case of numbers,
    one outstanding mare has 10 foals suitable for racing, 5 of those are fillies they also go on to have 10 foals, suddenly theres 50 foals closely related to that good mare - compared with 10 of the original horses out of the good mare

+ Reply to Thread