Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohokas Bondy

aussiebreno

Ohokas Bondy

I will forgive you if you have never heard of this horse; but in doing so you must forgive me for the same sin.
    He has won 11/21 but what makes it so good? He lost his first 10 in NZ before coming to Aust, meaning he is 11/11 in Aust. 4/4 last season as a 2yo and now 7/7 as a 3yo. He beat Go West You Terror (who I have heard of) and he's even beat some lesser horses Ive heard of; Blissful Boy etc. How come the West Aussies havent given me a media barrage of this bloke? Mighty Atom and/or somebody else how do you rate him?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    aussiebreno, same old dilemma, he's beaten nothing. The connections were taking him over for the Vic Derby heats along with I'm A Rocket Star ( Hunter Cup ) but I A R sustained a leg injury in W A Cup,so didn't go. The Derby heats would have tested his ability.But I wouldn't under estimate G.Bond because they are leaving no stone unturned to buy the best N.Z has to offer. As for Go West You Terror, there was an exercise in futility in taking him East. The horse was ready for the paddock before he left. As far as ability goes,that's a ? but I don't like judging two year old's - theyr'e still babies. The one horse I would have liked to have seen go East was Matthew James,but unfortunately he died.

triplev123
    James Matthew was something else. I also thought a lot of Parson's Dragon but don't know where he has gone to of late. We've got a WA bred 2yo over here that can really roll. Leased him to a mate of ours as a yearling and he got him up & going. It's great gaited, has a lick of of high speed and he's tough, from a Northern Lights mare we bought in foal to Parson's Den from Ross Torre a few years ago now. With the dissolving of Royalstar I'd heard on the grapevine that the stallion was going to stand stud over this way next season.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Ohoka's Bondy always looked like he would develop into a nice enough horse. All his racing here was as a 2 year old and he was one of a few that was just below the top ones. He will do a good job in Oz

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mighty Atom

I reckon he wouldn't of been out of place in the Vic derby, he is a very nice horse with a lot of potential and G.Bond is buying some nice horses from n.z but with prize money set to soar in n.s.w he might have his work cut out buying over there.

Junior Member Foal Chompsky will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Faces possibly his biggest test to date in the West on Friday night.
    Drawn one with Lovers Delight NZ drawn right beside him.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi mango, Yes, with the big stakes rise in N.S.W. there could be a buying frenzy in N.Z. Breeders and owners alike will be smiling.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Ohokas Bondy Wins Again

Didn't see the race only the result, interesting to note it was a Bettor's Delight trifecta and was Ohokas Bondy's slowest winning mile rate since comming from n.z but it doesn't matter about the time as long as you win.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I saw his first few starts out here and was very impressed by him seems to have a bit of bottom about him but not over big either i think also the 3 placegetter's have Smooth Fella up close on the Dam's side

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    A win is a win I suppose but what a boring race. Ohokas Bondy goes straight to the front,keeps the only opposition(Lovers Delight) locked in behind him and then proceeds at a snails pace all the way around.If anyone turned up at G.P. to see an exciting race they would have been sadly disappointed. No wonder people are staying away from the trots.

+ Reply to Thread