Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stud Owners

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons

Wink Stud Owners

As I sit and ponder another upcoming breeding season and work out where my 3 mares are to head, are there any stallion owners out there about REDUCE their stud fee? C'mon guys nows the time to let us all know......................who's going to be first.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I,ll lower my service fee but the old girl still won,t come at it

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Don

You would have to think some studs would have room to lower some stallion service fee's as when the deals were done for the stallions the Aussie $$$ was in the mid 80 cent bracket and now with the $$$ at level or if not better then the US this should make a difference. Don try and send your mare's to the one stud if at all possible and you tell them what deal your looking for with in reason as i think some studs are opening more up to deals and even paying them off, if i'm correct Don i think you posted a while ago that some studs were willing to let you pay of service fee's or even pay on 7 day live foal so that might be something to look at which might allow you to spend a little bit more on a service as you know you have longer to pay for the service.

nat
    Hi Mango & Don

This is something the Thoroughbred side do well barter and deals on service fee's

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    If you go on the US and Canadian web sites you can see what service fee they are at this year over there compared to here some are about the same and other's are 2-4000 higher here

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Take a look at Mach 3 and look at the service fee difference, IT'S A JOKE.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Also Lis Mara is a bit of difference

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Lis Mara is about $1500 difference but he is still priced at a reasonable fee out here, where as Mach 3 is $13,750 here in Aus and $7,500 in Canada which is $6,250 difference and besides being over priced out here his semen is crap and he has trouble getting mare's in foal and i think who ever stands Mach 3 this year will have to look at his service fee because if not changed he will struggle.

nat
    Hi Winston & Mango

Lis Mara really only has around 200 live foals on the ground in 3 years of foaling with a $1500 mark up unlike Mach Three full book and $6250 mark up. I can live with a $1500 mark up (they do have to make up costs) the price you sometimes pay for a commodity. But in saying that in the US the syndicate rules the price and the limit of services to protect a commodity at the sales, when they come to the southern hemisphere its open slather that begs to ask the question what would be the opinion if Art Major and the like served only say a book of 120-140 mare limits and for no other reason than to have a precious commodity at the sales would you be happy to pay $12-20,000 service fee's knowing that there would be less opposition at the sales.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat

In the breeding season just gone Art Major stood at $12000 and was only serving 150 mare's and returns from the year before so that might answer your question you just asked. Yes Lis Mara hasn't served big numbers but i think he could be value for money and they sold well. The only reason Mach 3 is fully booked is that they don't allow big numbers as it normally takes mare's 2-3 time's to get in foal as his semen is very average. And to why his fee is so high is beyond me they were pretty quick to jack his fee up as his stock were going good but it didn't change over there so to me what they can't make out of serving mare's over there they are chasing over here. Mach 3 is still open over there at the present time and as a guess i don't think he will fill.

+ Reply to Thread