Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Stud Owners

nat
    Hi trplev123

Just looking at the breading stats for NZ and I'm with you on hard to predict stallions that should be booked wernt, stallions serving large numbers that left me thinking why? was it the price/emerging stars or a new stallion in town those Kiwi's are pretty savey on the breeding side of things.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

Any chance you know the answer to my question about Well Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Well Said for sure, he had the looks, pedigree and race track performance to go with it. Has been fully booked since entering stud and again was booked early this year, he should get every chance to make a stallion as he would get some of the best mare's at Hanover Shoe farms. Just a question on Well Said when watching him race and even in some photo's you see an orange towel looking thing under his tail was he a windsucker or is there another explanation.

nat
    Hey mango

That red flap thing on Well Said looks like a No Shitz maybe what AR needs at the moment I could be wrong but it looks to big to be anything else

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat

Thanks for that as it had me thinking, ive seen people try all different things with suckers from deep heat to chain.

triplev123
    Wouldn't have a clue what it's called Mango. Have seen such things employed over the years, not so often these days, used to see it every so often years ago...and they used to knock them up out of cast-off ladies stockings as I recall. Whatever it is it has something to do with the form and function of old mate's Crunker and seeing as how I'm off to Sushi Bay in about 2 hrs time I'd prefer not to go too deeply into what it's for if it is all the same with you.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

No problem it just had me puzzled and like they say if you don't ask you might never know.

triplev123
    You've got better/more observant eyes than me mate. Up until you pointed it out I'd never even noticed it..and I watched all of his major races.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I noticed it his 3yr old year it could of been there in his 2yr old year not sure havn't gone back over the replays, didn't really think about it untill we started talking about stallion's on our wish list and when Well Said was mentioned i went back through my Hoof Beats mags and as it's bright orange and the horse is dark in colour it stands out like dogs balls. If you get the chance Triple go back and watch a few replays and let me know what you reckon.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    It's to stop the shit from hitting you in the face it will not stop a windsucker a chain, stitching for a mare or a plug is the only way to stop windsucker's but for it their is no cure

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Triplev123,

Couldn't agree more with you regarding Dragon Again. After Courage Under Fire, Dragon Again would be my next favourite stallion.

I have contacted Hanover Shoe Farms directly regarding frozen semen from Dragon Again and unfortunately like some other stallions, his semen does not freeze well. I had considered buying a mare in the US not in foal and getting the mare bred to Southern Hemisphere time. Unfortunately this is not acceptable to the stud managers. Another option may be to get a mare in foal to him & bring her over in foal. At some of the yearling sales quite a few well bred Dragon Again yearlings sold for reasonably low prices. The killer is the cost $20,000 approx to bring a horse from the US to Aus.

+ Reply to Thread