Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lauren Panella - Newcastle Herald

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters

Lauren Panella - Newcastle Herald

Has anyone read this story.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/16...s-premiership/

"There was a blow-up today when I got here," she said yesterday.

"But there's only one of me. I look after my pocket and a lot of people don't like that.

"I used to be very loyal and I would jump off things that were going to win onto horses I used to drive, but it was putting me out of pocket."

I think all these winners have gone to Laurens head.

This would have to be some of the most arrogant comments I have seen by anyone in the industry.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    G'day Jack,
    we all see things differently, I think young Lauren is a bit entitled to be a bit cheeky, she is certainly an undeniable talent and at about 19 years of age I think we all get a bit full of ourselves from time to time ( I know I certainly did and had not achieved anything like the success Lauren has at the same stage)

the old saying applies,you cant put an old head on young shoulders!

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Has anyone read this story.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/16...s-premiership/

"There was a blow-up today when I got here," she said yesterday.

"But there's only one of me. I look after my pocket and a lot of people don't like that.

"I used to be very loyal and I would jump off things that were going to win onto horses I used to drive, but it was putting me out of pocket."

I think all these winners have gone to Laurens head.

This would have to be some of the most arrogant comments I have seen by anyone in the industry.
    [VVV] Good for her. I've got absolutely no problem with that whatsoever.
    Lauren has to make as much Hay as she can while ever the Sun continues to shine.
    Just as a Trainer or an Owner who thinks their Driver is not doing so well is quite entitled to bump them off for a better, more in form Driver....Lauren is quite entitled to choose off out of form/lesser horses in search of more competitive assignments.
    It's a well accepted fact of life in the TB's where the Monkeys will jump ship at the drop of a hat if they think another horse is a better winning chance.
    Drivers get 4/5ths of sweet f/a for their efforts at the best of times so I can't blame her or anyone else for single-mindedly chasing the $.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    My only issue would be if she blows up when, because she is out of form, a trainer tips her out of one of her regular drives at an owner's request. As that hasn't happened I have no issue. I don't see what she has said as arrogant. It was very confident, and that is to be expected from someone in her position right now.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    There is a definite difference between being cheeky and being totally disrespectful.

Don't thank the people who got her started bag their slow horses.

At this point in time she is only a flash in the pan and she is carrying on like she is Vin Knight reincarnated.

Pull you head in Lauren one day you will get the sack off a good horse and I am sure you will carry on like a good sort.

When you have driven as many winners as Gavin Lang come and let me know, not likely to happen.

Just because you are 19 doesn't mean you can carry on like a little spoilt child.

Nathan, Lauren as a minimum on her prizemoney and drives would have earnt over $100k this year certainly 4/5th of FA considering she is only 19.

aussiebreno
    If she burns people in the process that will bite her in the bum in the future and that will be her problem. (Note: Burning people and leaving people with sour grapes because you chose to drive another horse are two different things)

But as for being forthright and taking the best possible drives, nothing wrong with that. A bit of honesty in an interview, refreshing change. This isn't Canberra.

Harness racing...where making no dollars is the social norm, your first dollar everyone wants be your best mate but making a second dollar and you are frowned upon.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    I don't begrudge anyone making a good living from the industry, Brenno.

I agree I like people to be forthright.

Lauren's true colours have been shown, It's all about Lauren.

"I used to be very loyal" - Well you had to be because nobody else wanted you.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Harness racing...where making no dollars is the social norm, your first dollar everyone wants be your best mate but making a second dollar and you are frowned upon.
    [VVV] That's it in a nutshell Breno. Punch a string of slow horses around until you ultimately die in the gutter of starvation and you'll be fondly remembered. Win races on a regular basis and you'll become quickly & widely despised.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Sorry Jack, I'm with the rest of the flock. Maybe Darren Binskin has been TOO positive an influence on her...but I cannot see that as being a bad thing. That image of him stating his case as to why his charge shouldn't take its place in the MM resonates long and loud. Sticking up for your dig is the Aussie way. Self belief is what seems to be the difference between the elite and the also rans. I cannot fault the way that this kid is focussed on success. Don't think it has gone to her head either, more so a mature attitude as to where she sees her future in the game. Go Lauren.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    VVV, what a load of over simplistic crap you have written.

You are obviously as juvenile as Ms Panella.

Kicking people in the bollocks that have supported you that is the way to be widely despised.

People understand if you have made it and have plenty of oppurtunities but don't ram it down your throat and pretend your the pretty girl in the playground and all the boys are fighting over you.

You enjoy her sheer arrogance, I personally do not, but pretending these comments are somehow justified shows how immature you are.

Closed Thread