Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lauren Panella - Newcastle Herald

aussiebreno
    Panella has obviously turned Jack down.

On another note, did you ever ask her to drive any of your horses Jack?

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    To be honest Lauren has had a couple of drives for me in the past on pretty ordinary animals.

She did a really good job on them to, considering their ability.

Funnily enough it was over 12 months ago and she was quite charming and seemed quite genuinely thankful for the oppurtunity as she only had a couple of drives at the meeting.

At present I don't have any horses in Sydney so she has not been a driving option of late, but the facts are that I now feel she was doing me a favour by driving my slow horse and quite frankly would instruct my trainer if she was the only option to drive to scratch my horse.

Confidence - Fine, Successful - Fantastic, But show some respect.

Also if you try another word except "DEFINITELY" Lauren people may think you have a bit more of a brain.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    C'mon now Jack, level with me here. This is a case of unrequited love...is it not?
    You saw Lauren there with regular winner's circle appearences, her flashy UFO Sulky and bright white teeth and your old heart went all aflutter & you wandered over and did the "Hello Darlin', what's a nice girl like you doin' in a place like this? Can a buy you a Pie and a can of Coke?".....and for some reason or other, despite you wearing your best brown going out cardigan with its overwhelmingly attractive odour of Moth Balls, she gave you the brush, inexplicably she wasn't immediately swept of her feet. Geeze. These Women, they are funny creatures some times eh?

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    Been getting a good laugh out of this post, I didn't know lauren from a bar of soap until a recent invite to menangle on len smith mile day and being a first timer at menangle I was a total fish out of water, now this being a big day for lauren you would have thought she wouldn't have had time for anyone but herself with the commitments she had INSTEAD she gave a country hick like me a tour of where I needed to be, introduced me to everyone I needed to know and put any worries I had about seeing menangle for the first ever time in my life, on a group one day, in front of that crowd, on a monte trotter to rest!!
    I personally found her full of confidence but great to talk to and a person who has time for everyone, I wonder if lauren was a bloke would anyone even comment on her supposed arrogance? I highly doubt it because there are a fair few very very arrogant high profile male drivers out there that everyone thinks the sun shines out their rearends.

I will leave you with this one jack, from someone who used to make their living from riding gallopers (where honestly jockeys are never loyal) loyalty is a great thing but the loyal trainers and owners are the ones who come and tell you your free to get off their slow ones and get yourself the good ones and then come and give you a pat on the back when you beat their horse, they are just happy to see the person they helped get started with their slow ones go onto great things.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Success appears to be the common denominator on this topic Jack. Would be interested to hear your views on Shane Trittons decision in regard to loyalty.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...Tough-Decision

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Jaimie, you really are a funny guys. I am sure all the customers of the Mean Fiddler and its syndicate are over the moon with you with regards Owens Delight. How much did they stump up before you moved it on. 14 wins later you must be a good judge. With your level of comedic talent, you should seriously think about a job as a comedian as obviously your bloodstock business is a failure.

Brad, you seem to have missed my point. Never once have I had a go at anyones loyalty. Shane Tritton and his owners are more than entitled to change stable drivers or even owners change trainers if they choose at the end of the day they pay the bills. When Excel Stride was taken from Elizabeth Heath I felt terrible for her but I have seen her cheering for the horse even though she does not train it. Big diference is in both of these cases the people have handled themselves with dignity. If Shane Tritton came out and said I have sacked Guy Chapple because he is taking money out of my pocket I would say exactly the same thing. Infact quite the opposite. Hopefully Shane might be able to teach Lauren abit of humility as so obviously has zero. I have never questioned her or anyone elses loyalty just her juvenile comments and of course her constant use of the word definitley.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Jaimie, you really are a funny guys. I am sure all the customers of the Mean Fiddler and its syndicate are over the moon with you with regards Owens Delight. How much did they stump up before you moved it on. 14 wins later you must be a good judge. With your level of comedic talent, you should seriously think about a job as a comedian as obviously your bloodstock business is a failure.
    [VVV] Firstly 'Jack'...it's interesting to note that despite you professing to be a Trainer for whom Lauren has driven in the past, from what I'm able to determine it appears your name can be found NOWHERE in any State (and esp.so here NSW) or for that matter National Participants register of same, something which immediately indicates to me that your screen moniker is most likely a fake & in contravention of the rules applicable to this Forum.
    Secondly, you are very drastically ill-informed re:Owens Delight.
    He was never at any stage sold to that Syndicate. They did not stump up a single cent to get him. He was a 100% Free Lease which I organised for very specific reasons, reasons which I discussed at the time with another couple of regular posters to this forum both of whom have done similar things for similar/the same reasons.
    The GM at the time wanted to buy the horse outright however even though we had had bred the colt & owned him I advised the GM against doing so. This I did on the basis that it was their first venture into Ownership and if the horse was no good then it could be a lot of money down the drain for no result. Better for them to Lease & see how things worked out. All they were ever up for was his monthly upkeep/training fees. The GM left there not long afterwards, new management had other directions in mind & were not so keen on the idea, the horse was returned to us and was subsequently moved on. He went to Tassie for a while & then to SA. He proved to only be a moderate conveyance but has notheless paced in 1:55 & a bit won quite a few races in SA, currently for Scott Ewen I think? Turns out that a bit of time was his friend in the end. He always had speed, he just needed to get stronger. There it is, lock, stock & barrel.
    Nevertheless, please 'Jack'...don't let the facts of the matter get in the way of your story. From your anonymous position of course your balls are going to swell up no end & you'll be feeling completely safe to sling all the baselss, incorrect shit that you like, you being wrong on all counts notwithstanding.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    You are very sensitive VVV.

All a barrel of laughs when you are personally attacking me, but cry like a little girl when someone has a go back.

Can you explain something to me? When did I say I was a trainer?

If a driver drives a horse for me as an owner does that mean that she has driven a horse for me?

If I own the horse or at least a small part of it, do I have the right to go to the races and talk to the trainer and driver?

As with most of your half baked comments you have made in regard my original posts you read into it what you want to. Be subjecive for a moment. Read the comments and pretend someone in the industry you do not like is saying them. Then let me know what you think.

You wanted to start with the pie, coke and cardigan rubbish so please don't moan like a stuffed pig when the question is asked about a real situation and not you smart assed stories. I bet you sat there and had a big giggle to yourself when you were making up your little story but I would rather deal with the facts.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Ahuh. No point whatsoever in debating anything here with a guaranteed phantom...'Jack'.
    When you grow the stones to sign in under your own name & level your critiques from there then come back and we'll talk.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    VVV,

I was up late last night waiting for your TV show to come on TV but only Benny Hinn came on I hope you are not lying about your occupation on your profile as I think this is against forum rules.

I found a video that reminded me of the debate we have had on this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-tgV_J2RaI

Just so you understand you are Zab, talking when you should have been listening.

Don't take it to hard, one day I will catch up with you at Menangle and buy you a pie and coke. It should be easy to spot and smell me I will be the one with the mothy bally brown cardigan.

Hope you enjoy your day.

Closed Thread