Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What a lovely drop- Kay Brothers Amery Shiraz 2004

triplev123

What a lovely drop- Kay Brothers Amery Shiraz 2004

Yet another wonderful McLaren Vale wine, if you like a splash of Red then you've got to get a few bottles of Kay Brothers Amery Shiraz. You can get hold of it by the case (6) for just under $180. I think it's a bell-ringer.
    Should you feel so inclined, here's a helpful link to aid you in your search.
    http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_...illside-shiraz

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    triple you have picked a winner here. Last year I did a tour of South Australia and Kay Bros were magnificant. Brought several bottles to ship home but they never made it past a week.

triplev123
    It's a cracker and I have the empty Panadol packets to prove it!

Flashing Red
    My palate is still not refined enough for wine just yet... but Southern Comfort and Diet Dry Ginger Ale seems to go down a treat! Well,maybe a little too well haha! Hence only a handful of drinking sessions a year! :P

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I use to love J-Walker blue and it was even better when i got it duty free, no coke no ice just straight so it could be appreciated.

triplev123
    Can't take to Spirits at all but absolutely LOVE Red Wine and Guinness.

Flashing Red
    Guinness = nasty! :P

I may get that bottle of wine for my parents as a present, they don't mind some red every now and then.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Chivas Regal Premium Scotch - now that is a drink. Cures everything from toothache to heartache and back again. Having said that it is taken to another level after a botlle of red!!

Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey Triple, you'll be happy to know that I attended a gathering last night that had Kay's Amery Shiraz on offer. I performed well and in fact performed a bit like Smokin Up in the mile..................never took my foot off the pedal and like Lance I started saluting 100 out....................

triplev123
    Ah yes, 'tis good for the soul...and at the wire it is Don C. by open lengths.
    There's another good one that has just popped into the rack...a quaffer at around $20-$25 a bottle depending on where you go...Mr. Riggs, 'The Gaffer' McLaren Vale Shiraz. 2006 & 2007. It's a bit different to the Amery Bros. maybe a little on the 'dry' side but it is still very,very nice. Work & other things see to it that these days it's basically only on Sunday's from 12 noon here. Generally not worth a crumpet by 6pm.

+ Reply to Thread