Thread: Kiwi Interdominion Thoughts

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance

Kiwi Interdominion Thoughts

Hi Guys

Just wondering your thoughts on which Kiwi horses best handle the Alexandra Park circuit, and are there any horses who would have been a threat at Christchurch who have now had their chances diminished by the change in venue?

Thinking of horses mainly like Monkey King and I Can Doosit.

Cheers

buster
    mr feelgood wins easily

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Shock/Horror, I actually agree with buster on this one

nat
    Without seeing and fields my thoughts that there are a few horse that bring the heat Smoken Up, Blacks A Fake, Mr Feelgood, Washakie, Power Of Tara and even Auckland Reactor (he has fired up in the past and run others and himself into the ground) that like to race up front just think if they all made the final who going to yield at the front? sets it up for the sit sprinter for mine I love that sweeping home turn into that long wide straight ITMQ & Monkey King type horse will take advantage of truly run races.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi Nat, I do agree with you on Monkey King & ITMQ but I just feel that ITMQ is not finishing off as brilliantly as he has in the Vic Cup & Hunter. He's had a long campaign and I think Gary Hall jnr may have had this in the back of his mind when he said he'd had enough on the line. But there again he said the horse would further improve.

nat
    Couldn't say for sure but I would say a mini let up after the cup would had been in order for ITMQ at least he is there about more so than Monkey King at the minute. Might not be these 2 but there are a few in the series that have devastating sprint when taken quietly

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    And all the Kiwi horses are euqally adept going both ways of going? Just wondering as I know a lot of throughbreds handle the Sydney way but no the Melbourne way and vice versa, I remember Poppy couldn't get around Alexandra Park, Blossom Lady from her memory wasn't her best going that way and Lombo Pocket Watch didn't relish it in his Derby campaign against Changevoer a few seasons back..are there any locals that fit that mold this season that should be avoided?

Cheers

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hi Village, All the kiwi horses are fine going that way. Most race that way quite often now as a lot of our quality races are held in Auckland. You do need a couple of runs going that way just to get the feel for it. Any horse that may have had a question mark have been withdrawn. Great Series coming up and looking foward to it.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Don

Has there been any news on how A.R is comming along after his below par performances.

nat
    Has BAF had his workout in Auckland yet? and did anyone turn out to watch?

+ Reply to Thread