Roll With Joe
Closed Thread

Thread: Anyone heard from Jack lately?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question Anyone heard from Jack lately?

Old mate has been conspicuous by his recent absence.
    Overwhelmed by the Camphor fumes eminating from his Cardigan & collapsed face down in the 5:00pm All You Can Eat Buffet at the Hasslegrove RSL perhaps? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Old mate has been conspicuous by his recent absence.
    Overwhelmed by the Camphor fumes eminating from his Cardigan & collapsed face down in the 5:00pm All You Can Eat Buffet at the Hasslegrove RSL perhaps? Inquiring minds would like to know.
    Well,that is certainly a post that is directly concerned with Harness Racing.Case of selective vetting of posts TeeCee?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    You're quite right Ron. I am in error.
    There is no RSL in Hassel Grove. The nearest one is at Rooty Hill.

Member Yearling Bandito will become famous soon enough Bandito's Avatar
    Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    Hmmm. There is something amiss with this board. Did someone pass a virus onto others, killing off half the posters and leaving all but a handful (other than the unaware) brave enough to put skin to keyboard or is our sport this dead

aussiebreno
    You can't hear from people that don't exist Jaimie.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandito View Post
    Hmmm. There is something amiss with this board. Did someone pass a virus onto others, killing off half the posters and leaving all but a handful (other than the unaware) brave enough to put skin to keyboard or is our sport this dead
    I'll second that Bandito, this forum has dived in the last 6 months or so, i think as 2Minuteman has alluded to above, i personally have been victim to posts being deleted and or being "warned" by a certain NZ moderator who seems to be a little harsher and more sensitive to things on here, more than i have noticed by other seemingly now "non-active" mods who must all be in the paddock at this point.
    Now i havent changed my tone or whatever this year in comparison to other years but have been pinged twice by our NZ friend, when i have never been pinged in the years before.
    The forum certainly went thru a rough faze when the McCarthy "debates" were on a year or so ago and many people and rightly so were banned, but geepers you could fire a gun pretty safely down the main street of this forum these days and not hit a soul, if someone wanted a clean out they certainly did the job. Do they need to ask themselves about the current state of play and why people arent participating anymore or what?
    Question is, will this post be allowed to be discussed in wait, .....a forum...

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Fellas, I think a lot of people left because Tony kept PM'ing them pictures of himself in a Giraffe Onesie....not unlike this.

Personally, I wasn't disturbed by it...I tend to think 'each to his/her own'...however I cannot speak for others. :-P

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    I have had posts deleted and that definitely discourages me from participating more. I had one deleted the other day and I'm sure it was a somewhat controversial comment but it was not putting the board at risk so why not let it stay? I remember I had a post deleted once for calling sequenzia a crook ha ha can you believe that.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...m-is-Different

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...les-(Must-Read)

For those of you feeling badly done by with your posts being deleted here is some food for thought. I have supplied these links previously.
    I very strongly recommend that you.....
    1 take the time to read the articles associated.
    2 reflect on them when you want to post an opinion and whether what you are writing meets the criteria of the forum. (this is NOT a Free for all anything goes forum).
    It is interesting that those complaining on hear about their treatment usually know that what they put on here simply invites deletion.
    Moderation does not stifle discussion. Sensible, well thought through discussion of issues and topics don't come to the attention of the moderators needing action.

Finally it was not so long ago that people who chose to test the forum rules not only had their posts disappear, their membership disappeared also....Ummm!!!

You are right 2minuteman... this thread does not offer anything positive for discussion on Harness Racing.

Closed Thread