+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I could go a Tosca

Member Yearling Bandito will become famous soon enough Bandito's Avatar
    Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing

I could go a Tosca

Can anyone tell me the story on last night's impressive winner Lombo Toscannini?
    http://media.harness.org.au/vic/MXM16081304.wmv
    Has strung together 5 wins and 2 placings from 7 for Michael Muscat in the last 3mths and before that he had 19mths off. Was it a case of injury and change of ownership? Before that he had been going well for G (Gavin?) Lang. How does a 21yo kid get to be training such a strong stable? Is he 2nd generation? I have followed the sport off and on in Vic for 45yrs but more off than on so I am out of the loop on most things - sry
    Last edited by Bandito; 08-17-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    One owner is the same he had 2 other owner's in the first race as well as J Carbone
    The Muscat family have had horse's for a long time Billy Muscat is 1 who come's to mind but don't know if they are related most probably are.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Re:Michael Muscat.

Michael had worked for the Fitzpatricks and David Thorn, among others, prior to going out on his own. I have 4 horses with him and only have great things to say. He tries different techniques with different horses to get the best out of them. He is a very adaptable young trainer and extremely knowledgable for someone so young! He is also a genuinely nice young bloke. He has a big future!

Billy is his father.

Not sure of the history re Lombo T but I will ask him and post it.
    Last edited by Mitch; 08-21-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Re:Michael Muscat.

Michael had worked for the Fitzpatricks and David Thorn, among others, prior to going out on his own. I have 4 horses with him and only have great things to say. He tries different techniques with different horses to get the best out of them. He is a very adaptable young trainer and extremely knowledgable for someone so young! He is also a genuinely nice young bloke. He has a big future!

Billy is his father.

Not sure of the history re Lombo T but I will ask him and post it.
    [VVV] Mick has great footwork on the racetrack and around the stables...but on the dance floor? Forget it. I've seen him , not pretty. The only bloke who dances worse than Mick is Joey Gatt.

Member Yearling Bandito will become famous soon enough Bandito's Avatar
    Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    Thanks Greg and Mitch, with an apprenticeship under the Fitzpatricks and David Thorn and his family background, I can well imagine that MM has a lot more experience than your average 22yo and thereby attracted a nice starting stable.

+ Reply to Thread