Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auckland Reactor scratched from Inter Dominion

Senior Member 2YO Duane Ranger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Duane Ranger
    Occupation
    racing journalist

Auckland Reactor scratched from Inter Dominion

A scouring attack has cost the once brilliant Auckland cup champion Auckland reactor from competing in this year's Inter Dominion Championships starting in Christchurch this Friday (March 18).

It's sad, but it's true. Read more here.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=88013

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    shit scared of the aussies it appears :-)

nat
    This horse is doomed to be a question under a beer bottle top "who was the Milli Vanilli of southern hemisphere racing?)

One to many excuses true or not true I dont care anymore draw the line turn the page I'm over it.

triplev123
    Blackie would have ground his bones to make his bread.
    Probably for the best though EB. Nobody wants to see the Auckland CSI Unit spraying Luminol around the track then turning the lights out in an effort to locate AR's remains.
    Incidentally, a scouring attack is somewhat ironic given the fact that the relentless advertising exericse surrounding the horse has given so many people the shits for such an extended period. Very Yin & Yang.
    Last edited by triplev123; 03-22-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I was reading the news on his scratching from ID's and when I read his scouring attack that not only ended his hopple workout but his life as well,I was shocked. Reading on I discovered they were able to save his life which fortunately allayed my fears. A little contradictory in the report though. Whatever you may think of the horse the fact that he's alive is all that matters. AR's below par performances of late could very likely be attributed to an underlying illness.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 03-22-2011 at 06:50 PM.

triplev123
    Of course I don't wish the horse any harm Mighty Atom but it's difficult not to be very cynical about this. Cast your mind back over the timely nature of announcements on each occasion the horse was set to face stiff competition.

2008. Excuse for being scratched from Harness Jewels...mystery bad back like affliction.
    2009. Excuse for QLD ID failures...hitting the under-carriage of the race bike.
    2010. Excuse for US trip failures...humidity & temperature + ulcerated palate/allergies.
    2011. Excuse for being scratched from the Auckland ID...scours.

Perhaps this is the end of it all? Then again, it could continue ad-infinitum, for left in the bag are a myriad of fall back positions including Alien Abduction, Lightning Strike, A shift in Earth's Polarity, Solar Flare activity (both increased or decreased), Planetary alignment or non-alignment, Malaria, Radiation from damaged Japanese Nuclear Facilities and concerns over problems in the Middle East.
    Last edited by triplev123; 03-22-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    As a fan of the horse there have been a lot of excuses and i jumped ship after last run but Mighty Atom you are right the horse is still alive and that's what would matter most for the owners. AR is still young enough to miss the inter go for a spell and then have another go and hopefully there will be enough time to teach him some manner's which he is lacking.

Junior Member Weanling Iraklis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rae Tupaea

Vets professional credibility

So I take it you all consider the 'vet' to be apart of this intimated subterfuge ' AR in a fight for his life etc etc etc', at the expense of his professional credibility? give me a break......

Iraklis

triplev123
    G'day Iraklis,

Before you continue, go back & have a look at the photos attached to that article & think about what is quite clearly shown there that is inconsistent with the illness the horse is said to suffering from. To be fair, perhaps I have you at a disadvantage. Have you ever seen a horse with Colitis X?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    To healthy to be Colitis X, 85-90% die from this terrible thing.

+ Reply to Thread