Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: God Awful Drive

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach

God Awful Drive

Were they running another heat of the Flying K at Menangle this afternoon?

Young Seryn Adams on Flite Dynasty draws the 8 gate over the 1609, four wide into bend 1, challenging bend 3, hits front on home corner...runs stone motherless last. Couple of minutes later Gary Bond up at AP takes Libbiemack off the outside gate to trail last of all in a similar sized field, pulling out wide up the straight to run a gallant second, not sure if she could have beat the winner, but he gave her every chance to run in the prizemoney. Hope the stewards had something to say to Seryn, but doubt it. There has to be a point in a drive when you have got to say to yourself "this is insane"...

Wasn't long ago we were all on about what was most likely to turn punters off the trots...bad drives rated pretty highly and in my book they still do and this was a bloody doozie!!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Hearing you Brad,
    and AP Francis, gets six weeks for not taking an inside run on relatively inexperienced sqare gaiter "Teasing".......been in this silly game for a long time Brad, and believe it or not! like just about every other game......there appears to be rules for some and rules for others!!!!.
    F____ing bullshit would be an apt description.

PS. I was about to say maybe some of the Stewards on the day day are a little green, but I won't.

Cheers,
    Dan

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Certainly a shocking drive by the young lady, the horse draws 8 and she stays out 4 wide instead of going forward straight away or taking the horse back. Common sense would say take the horse back and wait for one last shot at them, would have been a far better option in hindsight. Flite Dynasty certainly has some ability and to not give the horse any chance of getting into the prize money is insane. The horse would certainly not be in the good books with punters as his form has been patchy and it won at big odds at its previous start. I reckon the drive home from the races would have been a bit frosty.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I am NOT in any way trying to vilify the kid, everyone makes a blue every now and then. Must humbly apologise to the stewards officiating yesterday, I said they wouldn't act. Well wasn't I wrong. Not only did they see her drive but had the temerity to reprimand young Seryn under rule 156(2) for applying the whip with a free hand prior to the 200m mark. Gotta give 'em credit for that cause I sure missed that little indiscretion WHILE I WAS SHREDDING MY TICKET. Just off memory now this horses form now reads 8,1,8,1,8. Now that's consistency. Again boys, I'm not the only one watching this...any other stay at home punter, TAB punter or those on track see this as well. The stipes see a whip indiscretion. What about a bit of punter protection?

Again, this is not a hate fuelled rant against the kid. But it is a reminder to the stewards that surely an unacceptable drive should atleast draw some mention in the stewards report. Pretty dusty fellas.

Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open
    Yeah, they got me good Danny!!!
    But what can you do when they've made up their mind before you enter the room...
    I genuinely surprised and wondering why I was called in to begin with!!!
    But the silly part about it is that if it happened again in 6 weeks time, I won't be driving her any different...

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    6 weeks is pretty stiff Adam, There didn't appear to be a lot of room to take the inside run. I guess if there was a sprint lane you could have taken that option. It certainly looks like the Stewards have Double Standards. At the very least, stand the horse down for one trial but I can't get my head around why you have been suspended. You would think that under the current climate and with our industry driven by the almighty punters dollar, the powers that be would be consistent with the punishment.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 08-29-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Certainly a shocking drive by the young lady. Common sense would say take the horse back and wait for one last shot at them.
    Not her first shocker either. I recall she butchered one of Primmer's down in Victoria not too long ago. So it could be in Seryn's makeup to throw in the odd rough one.

Compare from week to week.
    Last week - Driven quietly. Sits 1x1 most of the way and saved for 1 run. Wins.
    This week - Up in grade. Brain explosion. Go forward at all costs. Overall time 1.2 secs faster. Last.
    The stewards report says the horse over-raced. Well, what a surprise that was after the way the horse was driven.
    You'd have to think if driven same as previous start, would have run on. Might not have won but would have got a cheque.

I know it's a sore point but what about the dreaded Rule 44(1) Change of Tactics.

Also, anybody with a suspicious mind might think that her cousin on the panel on Tuesday has gone into bat for her. Not likely I know, but the perception is there.

Will certainly keep an eye on how Flite Dynasty is driven in a much stronger field on Saturday night. You'll get a good price if anyone is game enough to part with their hard earned.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Frano1982 View Post
    But what can you do when they've made up their mind before you enter the room...
    But the silly part about it is that if it happened again in 6 weeks time, I won't be driving her any different...
    G'day Adam,
    we all have shitty moments in this silly game, but if I were you I would appeal both the conviction and the penalty, and there is plenty of evidence available to suggest there may have been an inconsistent over reaction by the stipes in your case.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Frano1982 View Post
    [VVV] For what it's worth Adam, I watched the replay over and over and I can't see what you did that was worthy of being called in let alone being sidelined for 6 weeks. Madness.

+ Reply to Thread