Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gareth Hall's Form Analysis R.1 Hamilton today - can anyone make any sense of it?!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Gareth Hall's Form Analysis R.1 Hamilton today - can anyone make any sense of it?!

http://www.harness.org.au/punters-co...m?keyNum=25978

We only have 7 two year olds in the first at Hamilton today after an early scratching so there will only be 2 place divvies.
    In his form analysis Gareth Hall nominates No.8 on an each way basis
    BUT in his ratings lists them 1, 7, 4, 3, 5, 3, 8 (LAST!)
    Then as his selection goes for No.2 (not 8!) on an each way basis AGAIN (while mentioning only paying on two places)
    STRANGE - 2 was the only one he did not rate (maybe he meant to rate it fourth or sixth as 3 cannot fill both positions!)

Are we really supposed to believe this is a well thought out service for punters?!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Gareth's had a shocker, I think he's trying to say he has No Idea.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe what happened Rich is that two different people wrote the form analysis for Race I
    If we ignore the written commentary and his nominated selections and simply go with the ratings order GUESS WHAT
    WITH 1-7-4-2-3-8
    Gareth picks the finishing 6 placings in one (assuming one of those No.3's in his ratings was really No. 2 for fourth and after the further scratching of No.5)
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-29-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Kev, I reckon that your right there, it must have been 2 different tipsters selections. My apologies To Gareth for the earlier comment, I can say now that he's a near genius!!!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at the other races form analysis I think I have cracked this nut LOL.

The ratings could be considered the tipsters expected order of favouritism or maybe horse ability and as is the case with any mug punter - ones's selections and suggested bet do not have to match our ratings or even each other for that matter.
    Eg I could rate a field in the following order 2-8-6-4-1-3-5-7 but think number 8 will win (bloody sprint lane ) but my bet will be on number 6 at the odds (reckon he might cross 2 )

If anyone should apologize to Gareth it is me but bugger that

On the other hand, the ratings could come from another source (bookie?) in which case Gareth still gets no credit for Race 1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread