Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What a great start to the new season at Melton ?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.

What a great start to the new season at Melton ?

Just looking at the fields for Melton Friday night. Only 8 races and 3 of them are Claimers and 2 for Trotters . Is it just me or is this very boring ? I know there are no 2yos at this time of year but surely they can do better than this. Personally I don't like betting on the claimers or trotters . I will be going to watch my horse race and the Blacks a Fake Free For All and then going home. And I'm a fan so good luck getting many others to attend or bet.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Rick

Look at Saturday night fields at Menangle/Albion Park, Menangle having the better prize money but fields are way down and most race's at Albion Park are full with lesser money.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Over the last decade this has become an annual event here in NSW.
    For various reasons the fields thin out like the blood of some old bloke on Warfarin during the last week or so of August through early-mid/late September & depending on the programming sometimes into the first week or so of October. For example, got a 3C0 ready to go right now, plenty of them have been/are programmed BUT those races don't tend to stand up at this time of year. Maybe he'll get a bit lucky but I reckon that he'll end up firing his first shot this new racing season in a 3C0 / C0 combined or some other such thing...in order to get a start.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at Melton. Pity because Bitobliss was sensational .
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread