Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Just Any Old Trial

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach

Not Just Any Old Trial

Saw the highlights of this trial on In The Gig last night and thought it worth putting the whole trial up in view of the upcoming NZ Cup. Race 11 Special Handicap Pace SS held on 17 September at Ashburton. Some of the aspirants still have some work in front of them.

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/i...rID&Arg=193491

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Terror to Love & Christen Me looked good even though they weren't really pushed.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    It's going to be a big season for these two, I expected a little more out of terror to love when he came to oz but i think he will be back to his best come NZ cup. Christen me it's going to be interesting to see mentally how he will deal with stepping up to the grand circuit class of racing. The horse I haven't heard much about lately is Smolda, I will be keeping an eye on him over the next 12 months, I think he could develop into a major player on the grand circuit. Anyway doesn't matter which way you look at it we are in for another cracker season on the grand circuit.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Bring it on, Really should be a great season.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    55.3 for the last 1/2 and 26 for the last quarter, that's motoring. It would have been tough to come from the back and pass the leaders in fractions like this. I really expect to see Christen Me to step up to open class easily. The winner went very well also and could be a smokey in a few off the races he contests this season.

Real Name
    lenny panetto
    That was a very stylish win tonight by Christen Me home in 54 last quarter 26 and hes still not wound up, good effort by Terror to Love to run 2nd.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Very good efforts by Christen Me & Terror to Love first up, 26.0 for the last quarter and Christen Me appeared to have a bit left in the tank. Franco Ledger couldn't keep up after having the run of the race. The 1st race was also very interesting, Didjamakem Bolt was first up from a spell and won easily after doing a bit of work. A lot of talented horses coming through in the open class ranks and it's going to be tough going for a few of the established FFA performers.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    The Group 2 FFA held in Ashburton today was an action packed affair. Suave Stuey galloped from the stand, Mark Purdon on Fly Like An Eagle had an ineffective off-side rein that resulted him travelling safely around the track a couple of times inside the pegs before the Clerk caught him, but most uncharacteristically Christen Me disgraced himself going off-stride and losing all chance. Sometimes you forget that these seasoned top-liners are capable of making these mistakes...nevertheless after TTL found the race presented to him after all of the turmoil he went on to demolish a pretty handy field and still carved out 1.57.2 for the 2400, last qtr in 27.9. He does not seem to find the same luck in his races in Oz as he does at home.

Some of those Lauren Panella haters (and I am not one of them) can also take comfort in the fact that she too found the ire of the NZ stewards copping a $250 fine for excessive whip use. Stuey ran a pretty brave race under the circumstances. Mark Purdon also copped $250 when it was discovered that the offending rein had not been affixed properly in the first place.

One tick for the NZ stewards, only a couple of hours after the meet and the whole report is up on the web...wish we had that sort of efficiency in OZ, sometimes waiting for DAYS to read a full report.

Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Main danger galloping out of the race made it an easy win for TTL. He was still very impressive and seems to be getting stronger and stronger as we get closer to the cup. He wont be handing his throne to anyone without a fight.
    Good run by our SSL.

+ Reply to Thread