Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Panella

Banned Weanling ScabsCat will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeff Brooks

Lauren Panella

I have to confess I am talking through my kick here but did anyone see the drive by Lauren Panella on Suave Stuey Lombo at Menangle on Saturday night? She hammered the second favourite Mach Alert going a lead time of 48.5, first half in 57.5 over 2300 metres! Those times are simply not sustainable. Where did those 2 horses finish? Beaten a total of over 110 metres between them. How can you bet on harness racing when such cowboy tactics are routinely employed by 'leading drivers'. What happened to a PLAN B? She completely ruined the chances of both horses in the race.

Interested to hear other people's thoughts........

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just watched it. They certainly went hard but I don't know think you can say that she hammered Mach Alert as she never challenged for the lead and mostly sat a half horse back from the leader - I felt Luke had as much say in the pace
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Jeff Brooks
    The driver of Mach Alert tried to stay ahead of Suave Stuey Lombo, Im sure he didn't like getting eyeballed and he probably should have handed up to give both horses every chance. It is clear from the winning post right around to the back straight Panella ups the tempo to a level that Chariot King cant even keep up in the one one to hold the back of Suave Stuey Lombo. The race was all over for the favourites from that point on.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Talking through my pocket too Jeff, Laurens drive was an ordinary one, I backed Stuey myself, thought he was nearly a good thing. Both her and Luke set pretty hard tasks for their horses, but in Lukes case his horse wasn't right and has since been stood down.

Even though Lauren drove 2 winners, I thought she just had an ordinary night in gig...happens to all of them at some time or another and am prepared to put the night down to experience. To add salt to the wound, backed Uweehumma and Lauren found herself in the wrong place again. Ouch! But thems the breaks.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Looked to me like Suave Stuey Lombo was pulling very hard, in which case you cannot hold Lauren to blame

Real Name
    Jeff Brooks
    Lauren to me seems to be one of the best drivers going around when shes's in front on a horse, however, if she's back in the field or outside the leader she is lacking. I rate Blake Fitzpatrick and Jim Douglas the best drivers in NSW from back in the field.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Go back to July 13 and have a look at The Sunshine Sprint from Albion Park, Pretty fair drive from back in the field to weave through the traffic. I'm not defending her drive from last week, but the horse appeared to pull a bit hard and she's only 47kgs.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-01-2013 at 07:50 AM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Go back to July 13 and have a look at The Sunshine Sprint from Albion Park, Pretty fair drive from back in the field to weave through the traffic. I'm not defending her drive from last week, but the horse appeared to pull a bit hard and she's only 47kgs.
    Didn't have to think about much from 3 pegs though if race I am thinking of. Just sit and steer, just like when she is in front.
    Being still a relative newcomer to the sport she lacks the nous and race smarts that comes with experience. That's to be expected obviously but just saying, not a criticism just a statement, because you gain that overnight.

Real Name
    Jeff Brooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    She stayed on the pegs and didn't move a muscle until the home straight.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Fair Call. As an owner, I would prefer to see the horse driven a bit quieter, he has a big sprint when driven this way. I'm sure the punters would like to see him driven so he's in the mix and driving a horse a bit quieter can sometimes lead to traffic problems.

+ Reply to Thread