Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lauren Panella

Junior Member Foal golden balls will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter parker
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    and gave Kylie a gob full too. It was my horse that she was driving.
    What i dont understand Robert is you should have been the one giving Kylie a gob full as well. Why she would not hand up the lead and sit behind Heza Presidente shows either her or yourself have no idea how on what your horse or any others could do. If you take the sit you win. Not hard to work out what your best position would be. Why she would hold the lead was anyones guess. For Ash who said it s was a good tactical drive to hold Lauren out cause you beat her home??? Was that meant to be a joke??? You lost the race cause Kylie didnt hand up the lead, sit behind the leader your guaranteed a 1 2 finish and the way the race was run and based on the performance the previous week didnt you believe sitting behind heza presidante would have been the ideal position and Ballouchie would have run by it in the straight as we all know Lauren would have been running along...
    Im not meaning to have a go at you just stating what would have been your best option.

Real Name
    peter parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    From Stewards report on Harness.org.au
    "L Panella was found guilty of a charge under Rule 168(1) for improper driving in that after passing the winning post at the conclusion of the race she directed her horse HEZA PRESIDENTE down onto the back of BALLOCHBUIE NZ and made contact with driver K Barnes’ helmet. L Panella’s licence to drive in races was suspended for a period of 4 weeks to commence midnight Saturday 16 November 2013 to expire midnight Saturday 14 December 2013. In determining penalty Stewards believed that an appropriate penalty was 6 weeks suspension but taking into account the feature races in which L Panella would be unable to participate in due to the suspension reduced the term of the suspension to 4 weeks."

From my assessment of the replay, Kylie Barnes chose to keep the lead just after the start on her $18 shot, and obviously Lauren wasn't happy about being denied the lead on her $5.70 shot, simple really.
    After the race Lauren totally changed direction of her horse and did drive it (mind you at a very very slow jogging pace) into the back of Kylie's horse causing her to have to readjust her helmet.
    Point is, intimidatory behavior like that is not acceptable. It was a low key version of the Cramp/Milne scenario from a physical danger point of view, but it's sour grapes and uncalled for, unprofessional.
    They should have suspended Kylie for four weelks as well for incompetence. Not handing up the lead and giving her horse every possible chance. She could not win by holding the lead her best option was always to take a sit, if scandalman didnt gallop out she would have been happy to sit 1/1 so why not hand up the lead and take a sit behind a free running leader once scandal man is out of the equarion? maybe she can study some tapes in her 4 weeks off and get to know some tactival driving decisions.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by golden balls View Post
    What i dont understand Robert is you should have been the one giving Kylie a gob full as well. Why she would not hand up the lead and sit behind Heza Presidente shows either her or yourself have no idea how on what your horse or any others could do. If you take the sit you win. Not hard to work out what your best position would be. Why she would hold the lead was anyones guess. For Ash who said it s was a good tactical drive to hold Lauren out cause you beat her home??? Was that meant to be a joke??? You lost the race cause Kylie didnt hand up the lead, sit behind the leader your guaranteed a 1 2 finish and the way the race was run and based on the performance the previous week didnt you believe sitting behind heza presidante would have been the ideal position and Ballouchie would have run by it in the straight as we all know Lauren would have been running along...
    Im not meaning to have a go at you just stating what would have been your best option.
    No input from me, I'm in outback WA but I agree.

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    Totally irrelevant whether or not leader should have handed up !!!! That sort of intimidation by Panella after the race is an absolute disgrace!

Real Name
    peter parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenem View Post
    Totally irrelevant whether or not leader should have handed up !!!! That sort of intimidation by Panella after the race is an absolute disgrace!
    no it wasnt, who wouldnt have been mad at someones incompetence, it was the slightest bump if anything at all she hardly even touches her was just accidental. If i dont do my job properly ill be reprimanded maybe Panella was just given her a reprimand as she new the stewards would not do anything as they have no idea about racing and have no idea what was going on in that race. There the real discrsce.
    Watch the replay there is absolutely nothing in it at all the horse barely touches kylie at all you get worse than that during harness races everyday. Too be fair are we now going to rub out every driver thats horse touches a fellow riders helmet half the drivers at melton would have been rubbed out... the horse on panellas outside drifts in they are at a walking pace by this stage.
    By the next menangle meeting we will have no drivers left. The stewards shpuld be doing there real job and finding out why the race wa run like it was who cares about a small tap on the helmet which was completely innocent and accidental.
    Do the right job stewards although that can be hard when they are not experienced racing form entusiasts
    Last edited by golden balls; 11-12-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    no it wasnt, who wouldnt have been mad at someones incompetence, it was the slightest bump if anything at all she hardly even touches her was just accidental. If i dont do my job properly ill be reprimanded maybe Panella was just given her a reprimand as she new the stewards would not do anything as they have no idea about racing and have no idea what was going on in that race. There the real discrsce.
    Watch the replay there is absolutely nothing in it at all the horse barely touches kylie at all you get worse than that during harness races everyday. Too be fair are we now going to rub out every driver thats horse touches a fellow riders helmet half the drivers at melton would have been rubbed out... the horse on panellas outside drifts in they are at a walking pace by this stage.
    By the next menangle meeting we will have no drivers left. The stewards shpuld be doing there real job and finding out why the race wa run like it was who cares about a small tap on the helmet which was completely innocent and accidental.
    Do the right job stewards although that can be hard when they are not experienced racing form entusiasts
    I have not even watched the race yet but I do not need to, to know that you need to get your goldens out of your mouth Peter. You are talking about people's workplace - no intimidation is allowed in any workplace nowadays SO hearing that Lauren has delivered a gobful is enough for a stewards warning. I will get back to you after I watch the race but you are telling me the stewards gave 4 weeks for INNOCENT and ACCIDENTAL lol
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Looking at the form for both horses I don't blame kylie for holding the lead and maybe Lauren should of been looking for cover. One would think Kylie would be smart enough to drive to Ian Wilson's instruction's and if so she has done the right thing. Regardless of Kylie's drive it doesn't give Lauren the right to have a dummy spit after the race and do what she done.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Unfortunately you will not be able to watch the incident.

The replay has been cropped right before the incident occurred.

The normal replays fade out but not this one, so it has been obviously altered.

I am not sure why HRNSW do not want people to see what occurred!!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Fair dinkum Peter,

I'll bet my bottom dollar you,

a) are talking through your pocket and

b) have never sat behind a horse in your life

how can you possibly think they WILL finish 1/2 if Kylie hands up, what would you know about the driving instructions she was given, what do you now about Ballochbuie's ability at Newcastle with a sit behind a horse driven by Lauren Panella ?? ( who religiously runs along and usually the fastest quarter of the race is the second last quarter, a situation that usually makes it harder to get out from behind the leader at the right time)

Answers aren't that hard, nil, nil, nil, nil.

Your entitled to your opinion and just as entitled to air it, even if it is mindless tripe.

Real Name
    peter parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Fair dinkum Peter,

I'll bet my bottom dollar you,

a) are talking through your pocket and

b) have never sat behind a horse in your life

how can you possibly think they WILL finish 1/2 if Kylie hands up, what would you know about the driving instructions she was given, what do you now about Ballochbuie's ability at Newcastle with a sit behind a horse driven by Lauren Panella ?? ( who religiously runs along and usually the fastest quarter of the race is the second last quarter, a situation that usually makes it harder to get out from behind the leader at the right time)

Answers aren't that hard, nil, nil, nil, nil.

Your entitled to your opinion and just as entitled to air it, even if it is mindless tripe.
    Your wrong i wasnt on was just stating the obvious that they would have finished 1 2 and thats a given, i know racing.
    You obviously know nothing about form as you have stated theres no run if there is a quick 3rd qtr!!! WRONG!!!!!!
    With a quick 3rd qtr this takes awa anyone making significant ground out wide allowing only opportunities for horses placed along the inside... this can clearly be seen by many quick 3rd qtr Panella drives. Since you dont do the form Ill forgive you for not knowing this.

Im a professional form student so leave it to me kid, you stick to what your good at Grape Picking thats what they do in the Hunter Valley isnt it???

+ Reply to Thread