Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Panella

Banned Weanling ScabsCat will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeff Brooks
    Another 2 examples from Sunday at Eugowra where Lauren Panella had favoured runners she "couldn't hold":

Stewards questioned L Panella regarding the tactics adopted on MISS TRICKIN LOMBO. L. Panella stated that MISS TRICKIN LOMBO had a tendency to over race

Stewards questioned L Panella regarding the performance of MOSSDALE BILL NZ. L. Panella stated that the gelding had a tendency to over race

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    This is the second time Lauren could not hold a horse in the last 3 weeks after the COT inquiry. The fact that she is 47kg is not a good enough excuse. Maybe she should have her licence restricted to horses that don't pull if she can't hold them.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Or "Punters Beware". if she is driving a puller.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Robert Morris driving for all the Lauren haters tonight in the 3rd. He was on the $12 second fav and therefore his biggest concern has to be the long ons on Fav BUT there just seemed to be something about his drive that suggested he was only interested in beating her. Not suggesting anything untoward as there is nothing wrong with holding the fav in a pocket on the fence, I guess with him being a concession driver - he is not experienced enough to not make it so bloody obvious. I guess this is why many tracks have sprint lanes as horses not getting a chance to strut their stuff is not a good look
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Jeff Brooks
    Kevin, if you want to see a Robert Morris special have a look at http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=PC081013&rn=1
    In my humble opinion it was the worst drive I have ever seen on the new Menangle track given the fact that his horse was $1.20 favourite and the stablemate was in the lead and went on to win the event. Somehow, he only got 4 weeks for a drive that should have seen a very very serious charge!

Real Name
    Jeff Brooks
    I have been told by a friend of mine who knows a lot more about the inner workings of NSW harness racing that the current bunch of stewards there are very ordinary to say the least! VIC stewards look to be a lot more experienced and better able to do their job

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    I cant comment on the stewards they have a job to do, but in all racing codes and not aimed at any steward but on a whole I think it should be mandatory that you have driven races or ridden races before you can be a steward or maybe we don't need to go that far but at least have driven or ridden trackwork and be able to work side by side with a trainer in putting gear on etc etc I think a lot are very smart in theory but just don't have the practical knowledge to put it into place and read a race and there is where the hands on experience would have served them well, but I also suppose there is not a long line up of people wanting to become stewards either so they go with what they can get and educate as best they can, I just don't think it fair that someone who has never sat in a pad or in a gig and ASKED half a tonne of horse flesh to do as 45 to say 90kgs of human wants, can tell you how you should have ridden or driven that race, but then I think the same of the sideline drivers who would have done it this way or the sideline trainers who could improve any horse, but if you gave them the reins the poor horse would end up down the main street or if you gave them a bridle to put on it would end up on the horses tail instead of its head.
    I guess if its not you out there then its not up to you to pass judgement but that's me and im pretty old fashioned in my thinking, I also still face people if I have a problem instead of going behind their back to do it and that died out at least 10 year ago lol

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    German last week you were having a go at Team McCarthy for attacking MB now it is Lauren. You must not like FOR for some reason. Don't worry about that drive what about the one on Suave Stuey Lombo yesterday. She drove him straight up the back of them just as the camera was panning back to her. Then after losing 80-100 metres she takes off 4 and 5 wide on the last bend. It was one of the biggest slaughter jobs I have ever seen. I thought it made Robbie Morris' drive look like a gem.

Banned Weanling german will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    marty Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    German last week you were having a go at Team McCarthy for attacking MB now it is Lauren. You must not like FOR for some reason. Don't worry about that drive what about the one on Suave Stuey Lombo yesterday. She drove him straight up the back of them just as the camera was panning back to her. Then after losing 80-100 metres she takes off 4 and 5 wide on the last bend. It was one of the biggest slaughter jobs I have ever seen. I thought it made Robbie Morris' drive look like a gem.
    I have nothing against anyone nor against FAR i do tho have something against incompetent drivers!

If Suave Stuey Lombo goes away with them in the NZ CUP it is the horse to beat.

Banned Weanling german will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    marty Johnson
    I dont think my post should have been removed there was no inapropriate language. Someone putting some make up on and doing there hair. What now im not allowed to speak the truth. Is this site in wanting of peoples opinion or do i have to agree with Tee Cee to addd a post.?

+ Reply to Thread