Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First season sires

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train

First season sires

What is everyone's selection for leading first season sire for the upcoming season? Some fairly interesting sires progeny hitting the track this season. Sportswriter, Art Official, Always a Virgin, Changeover, Mister Big, Shadow Play and Tell All just to name a few off my head.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    What is everyone's selection for leading first season sire for the upcoming season? Some fairly interesting sires progeny hitting the track this season. Sportswriter, Art Official, Always a Virgin, Changeover, Mister Big, Shadow Play and Tell All just to name a few off my head.
    False advertising.

Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    False advertising.
    I was told in high school masturbation doesn't count....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Sportswriter got by far the best and biggest book of mares so would have to be $1.04 to win that award. I have heard only good things about his first crop.

Shadow Play has been an amazing success in his first season in Canada, but he has got about half the numbers of Sportswriter.

I also think Changeover will do a good job

Real Name
    Grant Train
    I have seen a couple of Sportswriters that look good and move well. Changeover on the other hand, I have seen three and two looked horrendous. Turned me right off him.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    I am looking forward to seeing how Mister Big's youngens go

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    [VVV] I reckon Shadow Play & Sportswriter will both feature prominently. Both stallions are excellent types & leave similarly classy offspring. Have bred foals by both. Can't miss.
    AAV should also get it done. He's a big, strong, great gaited horse & for not a whole lot of money. Grand dam was a star. Here in NSW I reckon he will do an Aces N Sevens style job +++.
    Changeover's also a chance I guess. Have only seen one in a pic on the internet. Seemed ok to me?
    Art Official & Mister Big...who knows? Quite happy to let someone else use their mares to find out.
    Can't have Tell All at any price. He is a terrible sire. If I got given a free service I wouldn't take it. Even if someone paid me to take one I would still say no. Run away!!!!!!!

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Always A Virgin is a good option for breeders looking for a moderately priced sire. He was a very good racehorse and his grand dam was a very good filly. He is dominating the Illinois Sires Stakes results with his first two crops. That is a weak state but he is nevertheless displaying well above average siring ability.

As Harvey suggested, Sportswriter has been given a good shot and he will be disappointing if he does not finish well up in the sires earnings list.

Shadow Play's northern hemisphere results to date are impressive so his prospects are real (even though sons of The Panderosa have been pretty awful overall as sires)

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Jaimie what has Tell All done to you? Was a super racehorse and he hasn't even had a runner here so he has done nothing wrong just yet. Why no love?? Bad experiences??

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Always A Virgin is a good option for breeders looking for a moderately priced sire. He was a very good racehorse and his grand dam was a very good filly. He is dominating the Illinois Sires Stakes results with his first two crops. That is a weak state but he is nevertheless displaying well above average siring ability.

As Harvey suggested, Sportswriter has been given a good shot and he will be disappointing if he does not finish well up in the sires earnings list.

Shadow Play's northern hemisphere results to date are impressive so his prospects are real (even though sons of The Panderosa have been pretty awful overall as sires)

As a 2YO world record holder, winner of $1 million Metro Pace and $1.5 million North America Cup, Sportswriter's stands on his own.
    If that's not enough, however, his 3/4 sister Precocious Beauty is now also a 2YO world record holder after recording her 7th win from 9 lifetime starts at The Red Mile on Friday.
    Precocious Beauty is by Art Major. He just keeps producing good horses and is currently 2nd on the US 2YO sires table behind SBSW, the same position that he held at the end of the 2012 year.

+ Reply to Thread