Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First season sires

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTOFFICIAL View Post
    Jaimie what has Tell All done to you? Was a super racehorse and he hasn't even had a runner here so he has done nothing wrong just yet. Why no love?? Bad experiences??
    [VVV] G'day Damien,
    He has had his chance at stud in the USA & they're not much good.
    From 197 foals of racing age across 3 crops his best horse (from this 1st crop, now 4yos) has won just over $180,000 & he has sired only 4 winners of in excess of $100,000. His fastest has paced 1:50.3 also as a 4yo and rounding out his Top 10 fastest performers is a 4yo who paced in 1:52.2.

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Any one have any opinions on how Smiling Shard will go as a sire?

Does seem to come out of a good New Zealand family.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Any one have any opinions on how Smiling Shard will go as a sire?

Does seem to come out of a good New Zealand family.
    [VVV] I saw him up live & up close yesterday at Alabar. My impressions were that he was a well put together, solidly built, good looking sort of a horse. Also seems to be a very willing, happy natured sort of a horse too...basically he looked very pleased just to be out & about & doing something. If he passes that sort of attitude to his foals...as a sire he will already be half way there.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I forgot to add, he's not overly big...I think 15 to maybe 15.1, but I don't think that matters a damn because he is quite a muscular & powerful type with it. The peanut gallery knock him for his size, I heard a few doing that yesterday, but that's obligatory, that's an inevitable. As per usual the knockers of sires for a lack of size are talking if not shouting out of their arse.
    They either don't know or they simply choose to forget that many of the all-time greatest sires of the Standardbred Breed, the likes of Good Time, Big Towner, Albatross, Western Hanover & Abercrombie for example, were not big horses by any stretch of the imagination. Outstanding shuttle sire Bettor's Delight is not a big horse either & nor is Courage Under Fire, nor is Rock N Roll Heaven, who's first crop sold sensationally at Lexington last week.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    there were several new 2yo's running in the edjo sessions at our local jump outs on Sunday...there were 2 TELL ALL's both were corkers especially one of them-awesome looking & put together animal - spectatular looking too black with loads of bling.
    The best performed on the day was a MISTER BIG filly - a pretty thing nicely put together & very very quick & superbly gaited - she had impeckable manners also

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] G'day Damien,
    He has had his chance at stud in the USA & they're not much good.
    From 197 foals of racing age across 3 crops his best horse (from this 1st crop, now 4yos) has won just over $180,000 & he has sired only 4 winners of in excess of $100,000. His fastest has paced 1:50.3 also as a 4yo and rounding out his Top 10 fastest performers is a 4yo who paced in 1:52.2.
    Ok. Be interesting to see how he goes here.
    I'm guessing you were the big guy with the VVV hat? Should have realized and come over for a chat. Any purchases?
    All the best

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTOFFICIAL View Post
    Ok. Be interesting to see how he goes here.
    I'm guessing you were the big guy with the VVV hat? Should have realized and come over for a chat. Any purchases?
    All the best
    [VVV] It could have been me, could also have been Nathan. I was the one with the brace on my knee who was as lame as a cat. I walked around all day looking for some Bute but there was none to be found. No purchases, had a chop at a couple but they went for more than we thought they would. Liked the Dream Away mare in foal to Mach Three. Very good type & good natured.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    An appropriately named horse trials at Penrith tonight - "Making Headlines" is his name. He is a just turned 2yo by Sportswriter!

Coincidentally, I bred him and sold him at the Syd APG sales earlier this year!

I have no idea what ability he has but it is very unusual to see a 2yo at the trial this early into the season

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Not if you know the trainer Harvey always get's them up and running early no doubt setting him up for Leeton. If Ron Cooper can't get a 2yo running no-one will very good hand with the young one's.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    An appropriately named horse trials at Penrith tonight - "Making Headlines" is his name. He is a just turned 2yo by Sportswriter!

Coincidentally, I bred him and sold him at the Syd APG sales earlier this year!

I have no idea what ability he has but it is very unusual to see a 2yo at the trial this early into the season
    A very well bred one too Harvey

+ Reply to Thread