Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: For a reason 1:50!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by ScabsCat View Post
    I agree Boydy, you either have to police it fully or get rid of the rule. I don't think it was simply an oversight on August 10 however.

[VVV] If the rule remains in place then not only must they police it fully but they must police it accurately & police it in the spirit with which the rule was first instituted. It's going back a little bit however in what was nothing short of a classic piece of Keystone Cops style slapstick...I can vividly recall former NSW Chief Steward Bill Cable quite bloodymindedly fining Luke McCarthy when driving Roman Stride for snagging off the gate and coming with one late go at them to win the race.
    It apparently mattered not that Roman Stride, the short priced fav, won the race exactly BECAUSE of the fact Luke snagged off the gate instead of adopting his customary style of leaving for the front & duly becoming involved in an early burn with at least a trio of other fast beginners drawn to his inside. All that apparently mattered to Bill & his Panel was that he was 'not driven as per normal'.
    The inescapable fact that had he been driven as per normal, the short priced fav. would almost certainly have gone down & the COT rule would have in fact served to defeat its own purpose by way of dudding the Punters on said short price fav. who's interests it was designed to protect, well...it apparently never crossed their minds. Honestly. WTF????? The COT rule is an absolute abomination & it should be dispensed with immediately if not sooner.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I am a massive advocate for the removal of the Change of Tactics rule.

To start with I do not believe that the rule helps the everyday punter in the TAB it only helps the professinal punter. The rule takes away any initiative and can lead to uncompetitive racing especially when a favourite going further forward.

The sooner the rule is scraped the better. It amazes me that the participants don't take action through their representative to get rid of the rule as I have never spoken to anyone that thinks the rule is either good for the sport or the participants.
    [VVV] Could not agree more.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Got to agree with Boydy and VVV, Get rid of the rule and make racing more interesting for the fans and the everyday punter. As I mentioned in an earlier post, There's nothing worse than seeing a $1.10 pop just roll around and win as it pleases. I'm sure the big punters would disagree, But I'm sure that racing would be a greater spectacle if you didn't have to disclose your tactics and the chance of backing a winner at longer odds would certainly come into play and would increase turnover.

Banned Weanling german will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    marty Johnson
    Im not sure how people believe taking away the COT rule will help you back longer price winners and ill tell you 100% taking away the COT will only make turnover decrese thats for sure. What are you under the belief punters will bet more not knowing what is gong on and just hope for the best. The turnover is already low on say Menanglke harness on a Tues or Saturday and say the pool is 20 k it will drop 5K per race on some races with no COT rule in place. for the person who said roman stride was 1.10 and was snagged of the gate and Luke received a fine he received the fine for not letting stewards know of his intentions to restrain at the start as the horse normally goes forward. You said if he went forward he may have cost him the race well the COT rule didnt cost him the race, he is allowed to go back at the start but he should of clarrified that before restraining. All punters are benefited my the COT rule it allows you to have a better understanding of how the race will be run and keeps fairness in the game as without it you can basically do as you like. Pulling horses up would become stock standard going back to last for 3 weeks then charging to the front the next week... sure that will entice people to bet...

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Angry

Until such time as the big punters (whom the COT rule was brought in to placate) decide to step up & contribute towards service fees, agistment, feed, Vet & Training bills...they can go and slam right up their respective fundamentals...vigorously, hard & sideways...that which they have totally erroneously come to see as their God given 'right' to know exactly what an Owner's horse may or may not be doing when the arms of the Mobile Barrier fold back.

Junior Member Weanling Hollie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Hollie Smith
    Horses
    Wishing you could have the Bling Team
    Maorisidol. I think that For A Reason, or Frank the Tank if I remember correctly is an absolute champion. To come back from what happened to him and run a time like that was just crazy! Lets just hope he can keep those times going until the Miracle Mile and then that will be a very exciting race! Because I personally cant wait til this champion goes up against some of the old and new!! I just don't know what story would be better. Mat's Miracle or if he was to win a race like the Mile.

Real Name
    marty Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Maorisidol. I think that For A Reason, or Frank the Tank if I remember correctly is an absolute champion. To come back from what happened to him and run a time like that was just crazy! Lets just hope he can keep those times going until the Miracle Mile and then that will be a very exciting race! Because I personally cant wait til this champion goes up against some of the old and new!! I just don't know what story would be better. Mat's Miracle or if he was to win a race like the Mile.
    I like ur enthusiasm but please... For a reason will not get an invite for the miracle mile it ran on good race off a farcically run race! Well done on winning but if you look who was running on with him Mr Prezly yeah there's a miracle mile candidate not!

Real Name
    marty Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    I understand your point but unfortunately without the big punters you wouldn't have vet bills and feed and adjistment, you wouldn't be racing well maybe for hay bails. I think people fail to realise the big punters keep trainers and drivers in a job that's how it is. And what are you saying owners should be shifty aNd not declare what they are doing? All the COT is asking for is to keep the sport fair if you normally lead and your going back you should say so keep the racing fair and just. No one wants some cowboy going back one week and forward another

Real Name
    Hollie Smith
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by german View Post
    I like ur enthusiasm but please... For a reason will not get an invite for the miracle mile it ran on good race off a farcically run race! Well done on winning but if you look who was running on with him Mr Prezly yeah there's a miracle mile candidate not!

Well if you take a look at Mr Presleys last two races, you wouldn't rule him out to be entering the lead up races. Sure he was following for a reason up and was beat by twenty metres. But remember that F.A.R did run 1:50 flat and I know that that may not have happened if Luke didn't drive Excel the way that he did, but that doesn't mean that either of these horses wouldn't have run the races that they did. You have to give these two horses some credit. It will be tough for them to even get near the Mile, but I am not ruling either of them out. If you don't think that way, then that doesn't worry me.

Real Name
    Hollie Smith
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by german View Post

I know that it would be tough for either of them to even get a shot at the miracle mile but you don't rule them out because of the status. F.A.R may have only run one race in that time, but he is only three runs back. Hell, if he ran that time I wonder what Beautide is capable of. All that I can say is that we don't see times like that everyday and I know that it may not have been like that if they didn't go hard at the start, but they still did run that time. Its not like them horses don't just sit there they still have to run trying to keep up with the front horses. I am saying that I am not ruling them out of being contenders in the lead ups, but I don't care if anyone doesn't feel the same.

Closed Thread