Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: For a reason 1:50!!!

Banned Weanling german will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    marty Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Marty, can I please refer your attention to the Miracle Mile run on 28th April 2013. The winner Baby Bling sat 3 pegs. So your theory of being unable to get out is well, quite questionable. You seem to have quite twisted logic. If the leader runs the first half in a Miracle Mile in 58 does that not mean that they are being helped? To question Quinny, well three Interdominions tells me that you way off the mark. Don't forget that the horse coming from the back need to cover more ground than the leader and generally have to negotiate more traffic than the leaders. No doubt Smoken Up is a champion and he may be your favourite but the fact are Quinny is in the same class and certainly Smoken Up is no better.
    Please...... Baby Bling was gifter the 2013 Miracle mile it is a good FFA horse and that is all.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Marty, In your time of watching the Trots, How many mares have been good enough to compete in the FFA ranks and been good enough to win a Group 1 race???? Now we are talking FFA class Group 1 races here, Interdom, MM, New Zealand Cup etc!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by german View Post
    Not sure what you mean my wriggling. Ive explained myself. 2 great race both off farcial first halves. When he goes to the fron and runs a sub 150.0 please get back to me
    Wriggling - as Rich suggested 'squirming' is the word I was looking for. You keep qualifying your praise for horses so that your earlier posts don't seem totally wrong.
    In your book, a horse has to be a leader to be a champion. Do you know how ridiculous that is ?
    Considering what day it is why don't you apply it to the Melbourne Cup - because it would be flamin ridiculous ! (that Makybe Diva never did it from the front - what a soft winner)

??? I know they were going fast but why didn't Gold Ace ever lock FAR up
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-06-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Banned Weanling german will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    marty Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Wriggling - as Rich suggested 'squirming' is the word I was looking for. You keep qualifying your praise for horses so that your earlier posts don't seem totally wrong.
    In your book, a horse has to be a leader to be a champion. Do you know how ridiculous that is ?
    Considering what day it is why don't you apply it to the Melbourne Cup - because it would be flamin ridiculous ! (that Makybe Diva never did it from the front - what a soft winner)

??? I know they were going fast but why didn't Gold Ace ever lock FAR up
    I never once said a horse has to lead to be a champion.

Gold Ace could not keep up that was the reason it didnt put FAR in a pocket. The leader as i have said was running way to quickly. Cant put brains in some drivers who oviously cant read races as well as i can. Your referral to a Melbourne Cup shows what you know maybe you should be at the Melbourne Cup with the otther 100 thousand mug punters who have no idea. Oh and while im here I was tipping Red Cadeux in the Cup maybe Gerald Moose needs a lesson on where the Fence is once again sits 3 wide and took off way to early...

aussiebreno

Gold Ace could not keep up that was the reason it didnt put FAR in a pocket. The leader as i have said was running way to quickly. Cant put brains in some drivers who oviously cant read races as well as i can. Your referral to a Melbourne Cup shows what you know maybe you should be at the Melbourne Cup with the otther 100 thousand mug punters who have no idea. Oh and while im here I was tipping Red Cadeux in the Cup maybe Gerald Moose needs a lesson on where the Fence is once again sits 3 wide and took off way to early...
    He drew the car park. He would have had to go back to get in. Much harder from back where he would have been. Beaten 11 lengths last start by Volouese de Coeurs. VDC went back and look at the result. Yes unlucky but I doubt many would have got him a spot on fence close enough to be in it at finish.

aussiebreno
    In more relevance to this thread however, I'm Victorious has been given 1st invite to the mile.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Marty, your comments are just ridiculous. When Smoken Up went 1 48.5 the first half was run in 53.1 so a 55 first half for high quality horses is nothing exceptional. My comments were not about the quality of Baby Bling but the fact that it sat 3 pegs and won the race from a position you said was impossible to win against good horses. Facts are Baby Bling won the Miracle Mile and that cannot be denied.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

I think it's time to get this old number out..............................

The Riders in the Stand

There's some that ride the Robbo style, and bump at every stride;
    While others sit a long way back, to get a longer ride.
    There's some that ride like sailors do, with legs and arms, and teeth;
    And some ride on the horse's neck, and some ride underneath.
    But all the finest horsemen out -- the men to Beat the Band --
    You'll find amongst the crowd that ride their races in the Stand.
    They'll say "He had the race in hand, and lost it in the straight."
    They'll show how Godby came too soon, and Barden came too late.
    They'll say Chevalley lost his nerve, and Regan lost his head;
    They'll tell how one was "livened up" and something else was "dead" --
    In fact, the race was never run on sea, or sky, or land,
    But what you'd get it better done by riders in the Stand.
    The rule holds good in everything in life's uncertain fight;
    You'll find the winner can't go wrong, the loser can't go right.
    You ride a slashing race, and lose -- by one and all you're banned!
    Ride like a bag of flour, and win -- they'll cheer you in the Stand.
    Banjo Patterson.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    [/B]

I think it's time to get this old number out..............................

The Riders in the Stand

There's some that ride the Robbo style, and bump at every stride;
    While others sit a long way back, to get a longer ride.
    There's some that ride like sailors do, with legs and arms, and teeth;
    And some ride on the horse's neck, and some ride underneath.
    But all the finest horsemen out -- the men to Beat the Band --
    You'll find amongst the crowd that ride their races in the Stand.
    They'll say "He had the race in hand, and lost it in the straight."
    They'll show how Godby came too soon, and Barden came too late.
    They'll say Chevalley lost his nerve, and Regan lost his head;
    They'll tell how one was "livened up" and something else was "dead" --
    In fact, the race was never run on sea, or sky, or land,
    But what you'd get it better done by riders in the Stand.
    The rule holds good in everything in life's uncertain fight;
    You'll find the winner can't go wrong, the loser can't go right.
    You ride a slashing race, and lose -- by one and all you're banned!
    Ride like a bag of flour, and win -- they'll cheer you in the Stand.
    Banjo Patterson.
    That poems pretty ironic dont cha think. Condemns others for making judgements, but feels as if he can comment whether the rider rode a slashing race and still lost, or rode a plain race and still won. Who is the poet anyway

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    As per the title, this thread it should have been used to celebrate a rare but wonderful achievement in Austalasian Harness racing with the performances of For A Reason.
    Whilst the thread was dragged away from its origins in many tangents with people generally expressing fair opinions it has lately degenerated to an unacceptably low level.
    Accordingly this thread which should have promised much is now CLOSED

Closed Thread