Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: For a reason 1:50!!!

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Marty, I guess from what your saying is you only need to advise if you intend to drive differently. So by default if you are driving the same the other already know what you are doing, so the COT rule allows the opposition to know what you are doing all the time!!! If the stewards see that a driver/trainer has just been giving a horse a run they still have the powers to charge them for not giving their horse every chance retrospectively.

When I see a stewards report and I read COT and driven accordingly it makes me scream. I would rather see that the driver is asked after the race and he explains the reasons why the horse was driven differently it would show who knows how to read a race and form and who doesnt.

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    marty I would love to see you in a drivers seat instead of the bar stool or couch in front of the tv, I think you would soon change you mind on how the COT rule works and what you can and cant do once you have stated you will be going further back or forwards or whatever, you can do all the form you want on paper but once you are out there with 2 ribbons of pvc covered webbing controlling half a tonne of horse flesh with a mind of its own, you use your brain and your experience to get the job done to the best of your horses ability, the only thing change of tactics does is make you think twice about taking an opportunity that presents itself because its not what you said you would do, a good driver gives their horses every chance every start we certainly cant afford not to, the races are worth peanuts (unless your blessed with a top liner) compared to the feed bills and the only times our owners get something back for the dollars they put in is when you pro punters doubt the ability of their horses and they lob up at big odds and with their miserable $25 each way they take the cash from your odds on favourites, yes racing needs the turn over but not at the cost of fair and smart racing where the horses come first and the punters a long way behind them.
    And as for FAR's 1.50 it doesn't matter where he sat in the race he still had to run the time, if he couldn't run it he wouldn't have finished where he did he would have ran the time he was capable of and finished wherever, its the same as you have a horse who can only run 2.00 it doesn't matter where he is in a race if they run 1.58 he cant win it, it up to his driver to rate the race to a time he can win it in, but if you have no common knowledge from being out there and doing it yourself well you cant expect to gain any watching from the comfort of your tv screen wherever it may be

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    No-one remember Baby Blings Miracle Mile? In my book For A Reason gets the first invite...pacemaker in the race or not!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Brad, Totally agree, He's proven he can run 1.50 and I think he won with a little in the tank. Still a lot to like about Smoken Up, If he's in the field, A fast pace is a definite. I would invite Baby Bling back as the defending champ as she's running into form. Bitobliss is an excitement machine and he would be finishing strongly off a fast pace. Christen Me is a moral for the race and he could possibly be 1 of the best horses we've ever seen in this part of the world. Terror to Love is a great horse over longer distances and I'm yet to be convinced that he's a genuine mile horse, although he did run 1.51 on Jewels day. It's a real pity that Quinny is injured as it would just about be the greatest MM ever with him in the field. If the conditions are right, A sub 1.50 time is definitely on the cards.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-19-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Like I said before...For A Reason gets the first invite...without all the conspiracy crap! Go you good thing!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Like I said before...For A Reason gets the first invite...without all the conspiracy crap! Go you good thing!
    No doubt about it on that run.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by german View Post
    For a Reason will not be invited to the Miracle mile and will be lucky to finish in the top 3 at his next start in a group race or similar. For the person who said he didnt just join in at the 600. Actually he did exactly that he sat back waited for his bro to bury MB then he popped out and ran 600metres!when the damage had been done.
    Doh! Bugger! Oops!
    At what point did he join into the race tonite German?
    I believe that proves his last run was no fluke, and there we have it the first horse in the MM...
    He now holds the second fastest race mile winning time, and the third fastest race winning time in Australian history along with now being the second horse to ever win under 1:50.
    1:49.4 wins by 19.3m

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Wholly agree,1.49.4 to finish like that coming off the pace simply outstanding. When is Lauren Panella going to wake up and drive Mach Beauty with a sit , heaps of pace and ability but is getting killed driven like this, he will never do well in the GC driving him this way.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Miracle Mile Conditions
    The conditions for the Miracle Mile are as follows:
    (a) At the discretion of the Board of Directors the reigning Miracle Mile
    winner would be issued an invitation based on current form however if
    connections accepted the invitation the horse would be permitted to
    contest only one automatic invitation event. The decision on an invitation
    would be made prior to the close of nominations for the Newcastle Mile;
    (b) The winner of the Newcastle Mile would automatically receive an
    invitation to the Miracle Mile however would not be permitted to contest
    another automatic invitation event;
    (c) At the discretion of the Board of Directors further invitations may be
    issued prior to the close of nominations for the Coca Cola Sprint however
    those invitations would be restricted to horses which faced the difficulties of
    travel which may affect their performance in the Miracle Mile if compelled to
    compete in an automatic invitation event. Those horses however if accepting
    an invitation would not be permitted to contest an automatic invitation event;
    (d) The winner of the Coca Cola Sprint would automatically receive an
    invitation to the Miracle Mile however would not be permitted to contest a
    further automatic invitation event (Cordina Sprint);
    (e) The winner of the Cordina Sprint would automatically receive an
    invitation to the Miracle Mile;
    (f) The remainder of the field would be invited at the sole discretion of
    the Board of Directors following the Cordina Sprint taking into consideration
    only those horses which contested the Coca Cola Sprint and the Cordina
    Sprint;
    (g) The minimum field size would remain at six (6) horses whilst the
    maximum field size would be restricted to eight (8) horses with two reserves
    drawn in the barriers.
    John Dumesny
    Chief Executive
    Does he have to run in the qualifiers?????

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    Miracle Mile Conditions
    The conditions for the Miracle Mile are as follows:
    (a) At the discretion of the Board of Directors the reigning Miracle Mile
    winner would be issued an invitation based on current form however if
    connections accepted the invitation the horse would be permitted to
    contest only one automatic invitation event. The decision on an invitation
    would be made prior to the close of nominations for the Newcastle Mile;
    (b) The winner of the Newcastle Mile would automatically receive an
    invitation to the Miracle Mile however would not be permitted to contest
    another automatic invitation event;
    (c) At the discretion of the Board of Directors further invitations may be
    issued prior to the close of nominations for the Coca Cola Sprint however
    those invitations would be restricted to horses which faced the difficulties of
    travel which may affect their performance in the Miracle Mile if compelled to
    compete in an automatic invitation event. Those horses however if accepting
    an invitation would not be permitted to contest an automatic invitation event;
    (d) The winner of the Coca Cola Sprint would automatically receive an
    invitation to the Miracle Mile however would not be permitted to contest a
    further automatic invitation event (Cordina Sprint);
    (e) The winner of the Cordina Sprint would automatically receive an
    invitation to the Miracle Mile;
    (f) The remainder of the field would be invited at the sole discretion of
    the Board of Directors following the Cordina Sprint taking into consideration
    only those horses which contested the Coca Cola Sprint and the Cordina
    Sprint;
    (g) The minimum field size would remain at six (6) horses whilst the
    maximum field size would be restricted to eight (8) horses with two reserves
    drawn in the barriers.
    John Dumesny
    Chief Executive
    Does he have to run in the qualifiers?????
    Going by that Fred you would think he would have to.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Closed Thread