Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Training Fees

Junior Member Foal Stormfront will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dave Noonan

Training Fees

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Just curious if anyone can give me an idea on what training fees are like with Harness Racing. I have owned racehorses before and now with family and mortgage can not afford this. Out of work ATM so cant afford anything. But would like to know for when my finances improve.

Love harness racing. I spent 6 years in Perth 1998-2004 and was a regular at Gloucester Park. Also did some stablehand work briefly with Grant Williams who at the time was at Fred Kersleys property. Bill Kersley gave me a dble on his gig one day. Almost signed up for a TAFE driving course the same day. Wish I had reckon driving in races would be a real buzz.

Back in Northern NSW now and miles from any harness racing.

Cheers

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    G'day Dave,
    fees are different everywhere you go depending on things like the prizemoney levels your racing for in those areas size of stable etc, there are a few around here ( Hunter Valley NSW) that are training for around 30 to 35 dollars a day, with various inclusions and exclusions ie: shoeing, transport to races.
    There are always deals done on prizemoney share as well which can reduce or even negate the fees altogether again depending on a few things like the quality of the horse and where it is racing.

Cheers,
    Dan

Junior Member Foal Stormfront will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dave Noonan
    Thanks for the reply Dan,

Certainly sounds like its worth looking into when I get work again.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Some in the Central West are only charging $25 a day to try and make a quid.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread