Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One for the more learned

aussiebreno

One for the more learned

How does a horse sit one out 3 back in a mile rate btn 28m in 2.2.4 come out 3 starts later, work to the front and win in 2.0.4 exact same track and dist?About a month between starts. The 28m loss was consistent with all its other form. Someone help me out?

aussiebreno
    Another one. How does a odds on fave with two starts for a trainer where the horse drew the back and went to the death and then next start led now hand up from the pole to its stablemate?

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Can you give me a clue on what horses you are talking about Brenno??

Banned Weanling ScabsCat will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeff Brooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Can you give me a clue on what horses you are talking about Brenno??
    Wagga Race 4 last Friday....put down the binoculars, stop the fight, that will do me! Surely we have a 12 month dq coming up for Mr Painting. Any less and there is something seriously wrong with the stewards!

aussiebreno
    Jeff is spot on money. Wagga race three and then wagga race 4 on Friday night.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    I am guessing the change of stable made a difference. I have heard the Diebert name before but I see Mal still owns the horse. The horse won first up at Young in 1:58 so I would not be blowing up about this start. However anyone who knows anything about the sport knows that Jackson Painting can improve horses and improve them quickly especially if the horse has some possible pain issues. On its last 3 runs though you would have to say it has been consistent.
    As for the other one I assuming there was no Change of Tactics advised of, but the stewards report from the previous start was overraced so I guess this will be the defence. Add to that that the horse got a run at the top of the straight and hardly made any ground. But yes on face value it does not look too good.

aussiebreno
    Don't worry Pena, the result at Young is just as, if not more, concerning. What's even more concerning is there is no mention of stewards even querying the improved performance. Maybe they just come to accept it. But a horse beaten 28m in 2.2.4 at Wagga just doesn't come out two weeks later and run 1.58 at Young. Far too big an improvement.
    Kenna needs suspending to. That horse doesn't win unless it finds the front. It probably doesn't even run 2nd. A sound game plan, well though out in advanced by trainer and driver.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Breno, I do not disagree that the improvement is amazing, almost unbelievable but the truth this there are always stables that seem to be able to improve horses beyond what you believe they could. Its not always the same stable at any one time and they certainly seem to go in cycles. Over the last 12 months you have had Thorn, Pike, Muscat and Alchin all go for the same substance but Painting has been squeaky clean. There are other trainers in NSW that their meteoric success has been greeted with they must have something. I guess the answer is a pineapple, it is hard to believe but authorities have their hands tied if they cannot gather any evidence.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know we have been discussing improvement while this is a case of slaughter but check out my thread on the NZ page showing Mark Purdon at his worst (Excuse the promotion but the NZ page is a ghost town)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    A HRNSW media release. Seems they may be more learned.
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=21966

+ Reply to Thread