Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where is the money?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Where is the money?

How well is HRV travelling? We have the Kilmore Cup feature meeting on Sunday with 3 good stakes races BUT hrv cancels it out by having no metro stakes races tonight at Melton. As it is, our Friday programs are only a little over half metro stakes. Counting the 3 on Sunday (and the Nyah cup) we will have only had 49 metro races for the 2 months of Sep & Oct. Maybe I am being picky but with an average of only 6 a week, I don't see enough to feed owners horses much less their dreams.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    They spent 40+ million on Melton, so now owners and trainers suffer !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know what $40m should buy but you have made me feel better Gutwagon as I am pretty impressed with Melton.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Vic is surely falling a long way behind NSW - NOT A SINGLE METRO STAKES RACE for the entire week/weekend
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    One of the reasons that my horses are now in NSW.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What is going on! Victoria must be broke. It is Monday, a traditional day for a good day meeting in Vic and what have we got - 7 Races at Charlton with a total prize pool of $21k. NSW may have corruption problems but at least they still seem to have a harness industry
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    HRV are at it again (no doubt all partying up in NSW) - no Metro races over the weekend in Vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good to see 9 metro races on the card at Melton last night
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree with all you say Chris except wanting a 1400 track. I like small tracks (properly banked of course) as I think being able to see the horses the whole way with the naked eye is something we have over the gallops - otherwise you may as well stay home and watch it on TV (not that our coverage is up to scratch - why they use the zoom lens in the home str instead of the back has me beat)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The third at Melton tonight is a Group 3 Trot with prize money of only $20,505. How can a Group race in Victoria be worth only $505 more than an M0 at Menangle!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread